All Droid Users Try This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So this issue is definitely in the Droid/Milestone and xScope Lite browser. Whenever I type <fast> the processor (in the text box?) can't keep up and the keys don't respond as fast like compared to when I'm typing a text message. The Milestone browser's pinch/zoom is too smooth to give up though. :/

This issue is absent on Dolphin and while Dolphin is just as smooth as the Milestone's browser, the pinch/zoom is too buggy and gets annoying.

Ah...decisions, decisions...

I flashed my phone without the milestone browser and the slow input disappeared, however it was either slow input or a real laggy screan.

I also reinstalled swype. I may try to use it as a touch type instead of swiping because I can't get the hang of it, (thanks CorinaCakes).

This is the way it is with phones and new OS. You get some good things, you lose some good things.
So lets say I removed the Milestone browser and just used the native one on my overclocked Droid. Do you think I would still see the issue?

EDIT: I just tried using Dolphin again and and it's better for typing in input boxes. If I can't find a solution to this input box issue on the Milestone browser, I might just stick with Dolphin.
If you use the stock browser and not the Milestone browser it will solve this issue for you, but you will see a huge lag on the forum screens. Pick your poison. One trade off for another.

OP
D

dman91

I flashed my phone without the milestone browser and the slow input disappeared, however it was either slow input or a real laggy screan.

I also reinstalled swype. I may try to use it as a touch type instead of swiping because I can't get the hang of it, (thanks CorinaCakes).

This is the way it is with phones and new OS. You get some good things, you lose some good things.
So lets say I removed the Milestone browser and just used the native one on my overclocked Droid. Do you think I would still see the issue?

EDIT: I just tried using Dolphin again and and it's better for typing in input boxes. If I can't find a solution to this input box issue on the Milestone browser, I might just stick with Dolphin.
If you use the stock browser and not the Milestone browser it will solve this issue for you, but you will see a huge lag on the forum screens. Pick your poison. One trade off for another.

Oh yeah, I don't wanna go back to that laggy browser. I'm typing this on xScope Lite and just like Dolphin, the text input lag issue is gone. I might just stick with Dolphin because of those customizable gestures.

EDIT: Alright so here's what I've found out:

Stock (2.0.1) Browser - scrolling is super laggy, nuff said...

Milestone Browser - super smooth, pinch/zoom is so smooth, typing in text boxes is laggy

Dolphin - smooth, pinch/zooming not as smooth as the Milestone browser, typing in text boxes is fine, gestures are useful, one tap page zoom in/out is useful

xScope Lite - smooth, pinch/zooming not as smooth as the Milestone browser, typing in text boxes is fine

Last edited by a moderator:

Grey Hawk

Reaction score
The stock browser on a stock phone also suffers from this lag. Its not just the milestone browser, though its worse on the milestone, it's also on the stock one.

Anyone who says it doesn't lag on the stock browser either is lying, can't see the difference, or found a phone with a browser with a different code than normal.:icon_eek:

Don't believe me? Go to any Verizon Store, and try it.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It's absent on xScope Browser too. Data entry appears to be as fast a you type.

Sorry, I posted this after reading posts on the first page and did not realize there were additional pages that had already covered this in great detail.

Last edited:
OP
D

dman91

The stock browser on a stock phone also suffers from this lag. Its not just the milestone browser, though its worse on the milestone, it's also on the stock one.

Anyone who says it doesn't lag on the stock browser either is lying, can't see the difference, or found a phone with a browser with a different code than normal.:icon_eek:

Don't believe me? Go to any Verizon Store, and try it.
The Milestone browser is much smoother than the stock browser on 2.0.1 but text entry in text boxes is laggy on both. This isn't the case on Dolphin or xScope.

bluewonder

Reaction score
i am a droid newbie, love that phone.

i havent managed to install swype, move the folder around but it doesnt show up.

could anybody please give me a hint where i have to stick that folder to?

mudpro69

Reaction score
Put the swype apk file on your SDCard, install astro flie manager (free in the market), install SDCard with astro file manager...hope this helps....

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
I have been asked by the OP to close this thread.

:closed_2:

Status
Not open for further replies.