All Droid Users Try This!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dman91

Go to DroidForums on your Droid and try to make a post. Does anyone else notice the delayed responsiveness on the keys when typing. I find it kind of annoying and hope there's a way to fix this. This only happens when trying to type on a site through the browser. This is the only thing I find that isn't smooth/snappy on the device. If someone can find a solution it would be greatly appreciated.

Chewy

Reaction score
Swype = amazing. Thought I would not like it...instead found it to be very intuitive.

Chewy

Reaction score
sorry...missed this, you can't get Swype from the market.

OP
D

dman91

I don't see Swype anywhere in the Android market. Does it speed up the key responsiveness when typing on a forum through the browser? I really hate the delayed responsiveness.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
it was up for awhile, i think they took it down though.

sc4fpse

Reaction score
Textboxes on image-intensive forums have slower response rates. It sucks. :\

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Typing this message from my Droids right now. I'm not getting any lag.

Actually I've never gotten lag while on the site and I don't use the mobile version.

I'm not sure why you are experiencing this.

OP
D

dman91

Okay, how about this? Compare typing in a text message to typing on this forum. I'm sure you'll notice a difference in key responsiveness. BTW, I'm running 2.0.1 with my Droid overclocked at 800MHz. I saw the same issue before rooting.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
The Milestone browser has some lag in input boxes. I have a feeling thats what you are using. The increased scrolling performance and pinch-zoom makes it a worthwhile tradeoff.

Status
Not open for further replies.