1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Issues searching for contacts

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by jjb, Dec 16, 2009.

1. jjb

jjb New Member

Ok, this just started happening today. When I go into my contacts and start typing the first few letters of the companies name their info isn't coming up. I have to do a physical scroll through the entire list (there are over 1,300) to find the one I'm looking for. I used to just hit the search button and type the first few letters . Can someone shed some light on this?
  2. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

try a power cycle and rebooting. it shouldn't be doing this :(
  3. jjb

jjb New Member

Thanks for the advice Martin; but it didn't help. Now it's starting to concern me a little, wondering if it's a phone or hardware issue
  4. Buddhabless

Buddhabless New Member

Not Finding Contacts

This just started happening to me also. I was searching for a contact and their name is not in my contact list. The funny thing is I called them over a month ago to wish happy B-day and they showed up in my call log.
  5. Dragoro

Dragoro New Member

Didnt know ya could do this. Is there a way without using the physical keyboard?