After update screen is way high

Ragnell

Reaction score
I haven't put it on the charger since about 9pm Saturday or so
aefecaa8-f47d-947a.jpg

Note this is the regular battery, I've used the phone off and on as well, using it for phone calls, twitter, updating, wifi on bluetooth was on for about 12hrs etc

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

jmorgania

Reaction score
I have not installed the update, I will wait for the official OTA update to roll out. But here is where I think some people are getting confused by the new usage numbers.

Regardless of how long your phone has been on, all the usage numbers listed must equal 100% of the battery consumption that has been used. Now if this update truley did correct other items that were draining the battery, such as cell standby, then it stands to reason that other items are going to increase in consumption percentage. Does this mean they are using more battery than before??? NO. All it means is now other items are using less. The screen now represents a larger portion of the battery usage as the other items are running more efficiently and using less battery. The screen is probably using the exact same amount of energy as before but the percentage numbers increased because the other items began using less power so the screen is now accounting for a larger portion of what has been used.

With the reported drastic improvement in battery life from users. I doudt the displayed usage has been wrong. I simply think the improved processes have changed where and how the battery is being used. As others have said. The siginficant improvement in battery life is what is truley important.

OP
S
Reaction score
Ya I think this is what the screen is supposed be. Just went to 15% as I write this with moderate use.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Fr33dom

Reaction score
I have not installed the update, I will wait for the official OTA update to roll out. But here is where I think some people are getting confused by the new usage numbers.

Regardless of how long your phone has been on, all the usage numbers listed must equal 100% of the battery consumption that has been used. Now if this update truley did correct other items that were draining the battery, such as cell standby, then it stands to reason that other items are going to increase in consumption percentage. Does this mean they are using more battery than before??? NO. All it means is now other items are using less. The screen now represents a larger portion of the battery usage as the other items are running more efficiently and using less battery. The screen is probably using the exact same amount of energy as before but the percentage numbers increased because the other items began using less power so the screen is now accounting for a larger portion of what has been used.

With the reported drastic improvement in battery life from users. I doudt the displayed usage has been wrong. I simply think the improved processes have changed where and how the battery is being used. As others have said. The siginficant improvement in battery life is what is truley important.

Thats what I'm thinking.

mmsomekid

Reaction score
The screen percentage shooting up so much is just a result of all the other processes shooting down a lot. They really refined how much system idle and a few other processes ate battery with this update

pedwards3x

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
With the leaked update the main thing that was changed was accurate "Cell Standby" reporting. This is the reason your display jumped up after installing the leak. The primary drain on any of these phones will be the display most of the time. Nothing for you to worry about at all.