After Liberty Install USB No Longer Works

Undisturbed_Nights

Reaction score
Hello, first time poster. I lurk around, but a problem that I've recently been having has forced me out of the shadows. haha

So, as my title suggests, after I installed the Liberty ROM, the USB connection on my phone has ceased to work. I can still use my phone charger in a wall socket, but if that same cord is plugged into my PC, it no longer charges and I can't move files between the phone and my computer. It just does not recognize that I'm connecting my phone to my computer anymore. The phone doesn't react in anyway and neither does my computer.

I'm running Liberty 2.0.1 on my Droid X, and I have reinstalled Liberty over my previous Liberty installation to see if that would have helped. I also tried to turn off/on USB debugging, however the USB problem still persists.

I've tried to look around on the Internet for any kind of solution, but nothing really helped. The only thing I can think of to fix it is to go back to stock or pick up another ROM. I'd hate to do that though because I'm really enjoying Liberty otherwise, but I really need to be able to connect my phone to my PC.

Any help would be awesome, thanks!

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a driver issue. Go to the motorola site and dl the latest drivers. Hopefully this will help. I'm on liberty 2.0.1 as well (d2) and mine works fine.

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz

Jubakuba

Reaction score
You could try to reinstall the drivers...
And make sure your computer's usb port works with other devices.

I'm not exactly a tech guru...
But that's all I can offer. Hopefully someone else is more insightful!

OP
U

Undisturbed_Nights

Reaction score
Hmmm, that's weird. Now that I reinstalled the Motorola drivers, it's working again! The drivers must have become corrupted or they messed up somehow. It worked when I first got the phone and then it stopped a little later on...so it may not have been Liberty's fault after all. Wow, that is a relief!

I feel dumb for not realizing such a simple solution, but thanks a bunch for responding you guys! You really saved me a lot of time and I can keep Liberty on my phone. :)

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
No problem man. That's what the forums are here for! Enjoy your liberated phone! I know I am

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz