USB Mass Storage/PC Mode not working

crypto

Reaction score
Installed Liberty 1.5 tonight. But for some reason when i connect the phone to my pc USB mass storage, PC mode etc aren't working. Charge only works, but the other modes don't do anything and the computer isn't picking up my device.

My install process went like this:

From Fission, clockwork recovery, wipe data/cache 3 times
Restore nandroid backup of stock 2.3.340
boot phone, boot back into clockwork recovery, wipe data/cache 3 times
install liberty 1.5

So i know it can't be something from the install because i installed it from a stock ROM. Also i have no apps installed on the SD card.

anyone else having this problem or got any ideas on fixing it?

Last edited:

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Installed Liberty 1.5 tonight. But for some reason when i connect the phone to my pc USB mass storage, PC mode etc aren't working. Charge only works, but the other modes don't do anything and the computer isn't picking up my device.

Restore nandroid backup of stock 2.3.240
install liberty 1.5

So i know it can't be something from the install because i installed it from a stock ROM. Also i have no apps installed on the SD card.

Well you really didn't need to restore the 320.. Anyways, do me a favor and simply try and install Liberty again, this time without a wipe

mr_silent

Reaction score
USB debuging maybe, check the settings>applications>development and check the box.

Sent from my Milestone 1 using Droid Forums app

OP
C

crypto

Reaction score

install liberty 1.5

Well you really didn't need to restore the 320.. Anyways, do me a favor and simply try and install Liberty again, this time without a wipe

the reason i did that is that when i had originally went from Fission to Liberty even with doing data wipes, i had a few bugs and force close issues. But then when going back to stock, and then to liberty those issues where gone.

Also i just noticed that the phone isn't even charging via usb with the PC either. It'll charge just fine with the wall plug, but not with the usb via PC.
And I've switched USB ports on my computer to make sure that wasn't the problem.

I guess i can reinstall liberty again. Kinda bummed though cos i just got my phone fully set up again :)

USB debuging maybe, check the settings>applications>development and check the box.

already checked that. Debugging is enabled

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

install liberty 1.5

the reason i did that is that when i had originally went from Fission to Liberty even with doing data wipes, i had a few bugs and force close issues. But then when going back to stock, and then to liberty those issues where gone.

Also i just noticed that the phone isn't even charging via usb with the PC either. It'll charge just fine with the wall plug, but not with the usb.
And I've switched USB ports on my computer to make sure that wasn't the problem.

I guess i can reinstall liberty again. Kinda bummed though cos i just got my phone fully set up again :)

no dont do a wipe install, just install Liberty without a wipe. You will keep your apps and setup but all your system apps will be reinstalled

OP
C

crypto

Reaction score

Also i just noticed that the phone isn't even charging via usb with the PC either. It'll charge just fine with the wall plug, but not with the usb.

no dont do a wipe install, just install Liberty without a wipe. You will keep your apps and setup but all your system apps will be reinstalled

oh ok cool, i'll give it a shot. thanks

OP
C

crypto

Reaction score
nope, didn't work.

Another strange thing i noticed is that my circle battery widget, changes color to show that the phone is charging. However the status bar icon doesn't change, and the phone doesn't actually charge. (only using usb with the PC)\

i adjusted the sysctl settings using the guide someone posted up in here, would that have any effect?

Last edited:

mr_silent

Reaction score
Think I saw a thread on this a few days ago, check the liberty rom section of the forum and see if anyone else is having issues with this. Id check but I'm about to go eat dinner. Ill check back in later and see what I can come up with.

OP
C

crypto

Reaction score
i searched around and couldn't find any other threads

OP
C

crypto

Reaction score
just tried it again and now it's working all of a sudden. I'll post back here if it stops working again.

mr_silent

Reaction score
Yeah let us know. I just noticed last night when I was mounting to my linux PS3 that I had to wiggle the ps3 end a bit to get it to mount. Maybe its just the ps3 though.
Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App