Advice needed on getting a replacement

Nontechperson

Reaction score
Like some other people who have posted on this site and elsewhere on the web, I'm having reception problems with my Incredible. The sound quality is pretty bad. It's extremely unclear and once in awhile cuts in and out so that I'm hearing only every other word being said on the other end. I believe the phone is defective.

I've noticed that the concensus seems to be that someone in my position should return this particluar device and ask for a new one.

Somehow I don't think it's going to be that easy. Who exactly should I be dealing with on this? Verizon or HTC?

I sent an email to HTC and basically got a cut and paste reply from them, advising that reception, by its very nature is constantly in a state of flux, blah blah blah...

If I attempt to have Verizon fix the problem, what are the odds that I would get a new phone from them? I believe they would send me a refurbished one that someone else returned, possibly for the same reason.

Can anyone advise me on what to do?

I'm not a tech person (hence, my screen name) so I feel at a loss as to how to handle this. To be honest, I don't even know what an Android phone is. I have no idea what 3G coverage is either, but I know that I'm not getting it because most of the time the little 3G indicator at the top of the phone is not lit.

Thanks for reading and I hope I can get some quick advice, my 30 days are up in 2 days.... - thanks :)

Mojo

Reaction score
Verizon is who you will need to deal with. If the device is 30 days or less old it would normally be able to be switched out for the same device and it would be new. With it on back order that may be a issue though. If it is over 30 days old it will be replaced with a certified like new device. But either way deal with the store you bought it at, or a Verizon corporate store, or customer service.

OP
N

Nontechperson

Reaction score
Thank you. I will go there tomorrow. Should I be attempting to erase everything off the phone?

Mojo

Reaction score
Eh... wiping your phone is always a good idea. But I would not do it until you are getting your replacement. It just takes a second and the Rep at the store will/should be able to show you how. Good luck to ya