problem activating droid bionic ... please read/help if you can

dbriere2424

Reaction score
I guess the kid I got this droid bionic from tried to unlock it for AT&T and I guess he messed it up. I tried activating it, got the 4g sim card and then when I try activating it, it says something like after trying to activate your 3g phone the 4g sim card will no longer work blah blah blah and i was talking to verizon and they were saying the kid did something to make the bionic a 3g phone and I need to try to make it back to a 4g. I don't know if that means returning the phone back to stock or what. I did a factory reset and that didn't seem to do much and I tried unrooting it but not sure if that's the problem or not. Kind of a noob here so I was wondering if anyone knew how to do this or if there's anything I can do. Someone suggested to me to do a SBF but I'm not sure what that is but they said it totally wipes the phone clear or everything and returns it back to it's condition just before it was shipped but if anyone knows how to do that or if that'd help or something else that is the problem or that'd fix it I'd love to hear it because Verizon was saying I'd have to mail it in to motorola and have them repair it but I'd rather have that as a last resort but if anyone can help I'd really appreciate it

OP
D

dbriere2424

Reaction score
thanks but how do I find out if I have the .902 update or not?