unrooting problem or some kind of problem...help please!

dbriere2424

Reaction score
I'm having problems with this Droid Bionic. I got it from some kid who said he tried to unlock it for AT&T or something and then I got it and tried activating it for Verizon and they were saying that it was most likely rooted. The Superuser app is on there so I'm guessing it is rooted but I've been trying to use Pete's Motorola Root Tools and not having any success. I've tried before and it searches for my phone for a little and then it goes through a couple of the steps and then just kind of stops. I've watched the youtube clip of the kid doing the guide on there and it looks like it zips right though the process so I don't know what's going on. But then I kept trying and it wouldn't get any further then the second step or something if even that far. Now I've been trying some more and it says "searching for phone" and I wait a couple minutes and it doesn't progress or find the phone for some reason. The phone is plugged in properly, it's charged, USB debugging is checked, the phone is charge only mode, but it doesn't seem to ever get past the "searching for phone" step. If anyone has any suggestions or ideas I'd really appreciate them.

THE_LORD

Reaction score
Make sure you have the correct drivers downloaded on your computer. You need those in order for your computer and your phone to communicate with each other.

Sent from my XT875 using DroidForums

OP
D

dbriere2424

Reaction score
Thanks. I downloaded that link you gave me and then tried it again. It took a couple times for it to find my phone still and then it got to step 4, the final step, in the process and then it stopped. I even let it set and checked on it like 15 minutes later and it was still stuck on that final step so I just retried and it just kept doing the "searching for phone". And then everytime I retry it, it just keeps searching for the phone and gets no further.

OP
D

dbriere2424

Reaction score
Ok new issue...I downloaded an app on the phone that was suppose to check for root and it says it doesn't have proper root access but the superuser app is still on there and I don't know how to delete it. Is there another way I can check for sure if I have root or not or what I should do now? Any ideas I'll def appreciate because I have no idea what to do.

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
You just need to flash an fxz, it'll factory reset the phone. Look for the sticky in the main bionic forum.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
You just need to flash an fxz, it'll factory reset the phone. Look for the sticky in the main bionic forum.

And if you want to root it from there, just use motofail, it takes like 30 seconds including reboot.

OP
D

dbriere2424

Reaction score
Well I did try to flash it once before but I've never done **** like this before and definitely didn't do it right and thought I bricked the phone but luckily I didn't. Is there any other option besides flashing it? And I'm not going to be rooting it again.

toy4x4

Reaction score
Other than flashing with a fxz file, you can use ADB to uninstall the Superuser.apk you may have to gain root access again first then remove Superuser.apk with adb -uninstall command. Just depends on the status of the su binary.

OP
D

dbriere2424

Reaction score
Yea I'm kind of a noob so I don't really know how to do any of that or what it really means. And I'm nervous to try and flash beacause I don't really want to brick the phone and I've never done it before.