having problems activating bionic...PLEASE HELP

dbriere2424

Reaction score
need help activating my bionic...I call their tech support team and tried to update the software on my phone but when I go to settings>about phone>system updates it doesn't let me click it so i was wondering how I can download it on my phone...I downloaded it onto my computer but then don't know how to transfer the file from the computer to the bionic or what to do...please help... it says I have system 5.5.893 and I was trying to get 5.9.902 or whatever the newest one is...and I'm kind or a noob so I need directions that are basic but thanks for any help

wasn't getting much help when i posted this on tech support so i figured i'd try here...any ideas are suggestions would be appreciated...i've been trying for a month or so now and it's really frustrating...not trying to root just trying to get phone activated...when I put 4g sim card in it goes to the white screen that says "please wait while phone is activating and restarted" then after a couple minutes it goes straight to the blue background screen with the dialpad where you would dial *228 to activate a phone...verizon's tech support says to try and download new software but I'm having trouble because it doesn't let me on my system updates and I don't know how to get it from my computer to my phone

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
Did you try what I suggested in your other thread? Power up the phone without the sim card in it then put the sim back in and power it up and check for updates.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
D

dbriere2424

Reaction score
yea verizon's tech support had me try that and didn't work

dags5000

Reaction score
You have kept the phone for a month without being able to activate it???? Take it into the store could be a bad sim or bad hardware.

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
You have kept the phone for a month without being able to activate it???? Take it into the store could be a bad sim or bad hardware.

Gonna have to second this. If mine hadn't activated within even a few hours I would have at least talked sternly to someone. They only give you 14 days to return it, after all!

OP
D

dbriere2424

Reaction score
i got it from some kid...not the store and it's not the sim i've gotten that replaced a number of times

dags5000

Reaction score
Sounds like u got a defective device. Hopefully you didnt pay a lot for it.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Have you tried a factory reset??? Can u even access the factory reset area?

sent from my MAXX.

eye_dea

Reaction score
So there is no data on the phone?
Try using the full 902 xml file and rsdlite.
If this fails, you may be in worse shape tho.
What kind and old is your pc? 4g ram?

OP
D

dbriere2424

Reaction score
yes i've done a factory reset a couple times before but doesn't seem to do much. I can get onto the wireless internet that I have at my home with the bionic and browse the interent and even download apps from google play. I have download rsd lite and attempted to flash the phone before but i don't know what im doing and thought I bricked it but luckily I didn't. I have a 6 year old dell computer and believe it has 4g of ram.

it says the build number on the bionic is 5.5.1_84_DBN-62

any one have any suggestions?

azdrifter

Reaction score
Does the phone have a bad ESN number?
If you got it from some kid and the phone was stolen or even if the previous owner had not paid on his plan and still was under contract just because the phone no longer has service it is the ESN on the phone that has the contract and there is not much you can do because it will register on Verizon as a bad ESN and you can't activate a phone with a bad ESN. Your only other choice that I know of would be to flash it to Cricket if that is even possible for this phone at this time I am unaware of ?

eye_dea

Reaction score
What happened when u used rsdlite in the past?

OP
D

dbriere2424

Reaction score
Well when I went to verizon and tried to get it activated a bunch of times wouldn't they have been able to tell if it had a bad ESN? and they said it's gotten partially activated in the past just not completely. Like it went through the process but didn't get to finish. And when I tried to flash it I didn't know what I was doing and the phone went black and wouldn't turn on and the notification light had a white light that would show but that was it and I took the battery out and tried getting it back on and nothing work so I just left it alone for a couple days and then tried to turn it back on and it actually did and it worked just like it did before I did that.

eye_dea

Reaction score
You need to be available for step by step instructions on how to use rsdlite. I think you did it wrong in the past.