Do I make the switch????

Once entrenched in apple's ecosystem is it worth it to make the change to Android?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Sirgeeps

Reaction score
Foks I need advice! I was an old droid x user that suffered through froyo and gingerbread. I switched to iphone 4s and recently the 5s. The phone works flawless, but as everyone knows, screen size and other options are boring compared to the Galaxy note 3. Yes I am entrenched in the iOS ecosystem, but I won't lose all that good stuff cause i'll still have an ipad, ipod blah blah blah. My question is do I still have to worry about the glitches that I dealt with when froyo and gingerbread were around? Am I going to have a device in a year that is laggy and glitchy? I've played with the phone and love it....but its brand new so obviously its going to work great. I just want an honest opinion and not a fanatic rant. Is the change from iphone to android smoother now? If so, I will return my 5s and get the note 3!

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
One major difference between your previous Android and the Note 3 is in the processing. It's night and day better now.
Android 4.3 isn't perfect, neither is ios7, but starting with JB 4.1 the glitches, squeaks and squawks became a thing of the past. Unless Verizon botches a future update look for the device to be as fast, snappy and fun to own as it would be from the box. With a Amoled screen, the darker the themes and screens the better the battery life will be on top of the savings 4.3 brings to the table.
I won't say which way to go but either way I don't think would be a mistake.
If you weren't near the first person to play with the Note that day you probably got a real world worst case scenario of how it'll operate. Everyone and their brother wants to play with one, 99% of them have no clue what they're doing so they'll put it through some serious paces trying to figure out how to get a YouTube going, self portrait, send a text, etc. That's why back in the single core days when RAM and processing speeds were measured in mega bytes vs today's gia bytes it was always best to reboot a demo phone before trying it out in store.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Noteate

OP
S

Sirgeeps

Reaction score
One major difference between your previous Android and the Note 3 is in the processing. It's night and day better now.
Android 4.3 isn't perfect, neither is ios7, but starting with JB 4.1 the glitches, squeaks and squawks became a thing of the past. Unless Verizon botches a future update look for the device to be as fast, snappy and fun to own as it would be from the box. With a Amoled screen, the darker the themes and screens the better the battery life will be on top of the savings 4.3 brings to the table.
I won't say which way to go but either way I don't think would be a mistake.
If you weren't near the first person to play with the Note that day you probably got a real world worst case scenario of how it'll operate. Everyone and their brother wants to play with one, 99% of them have no clue what they're doing so they'll put it through some serious paces trying to figure out how to get a YouTube going, self portrait, send a text, etc. That's why back in the single core days when RAM and processing speeds were measured in mega bytes vs today's gia bytes it was always best to reboot a demo phone before trying it out in store.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Noteate

Thanks for a real opinion and some helpful advice. I think i'll make the switch.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I love my Note2. It's SOOOOOO much better than any previous smartphone I've ever had. Add in the s pen features and I can't describe how much I enjoy using it.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I had a DroidX as well for two years and the only thing that made it a great phone was wiping the stock firmware off it and going AOSP. I had an iPhone 2G, 3G and 3GS before my DroidX and all I can say is that I am so happy I switched those few years ago. I just got my Note 3 and have had no reason to root it or modify it (though I will eventually to remove Carrier IQ from it). I work at a high school as their IT support and every person who asks me the same question you are asking is glad they went Android after. They are amazed at the differences but yet they can still use the phone just fine. It is different but not so different that its foreign to them. Apps work like apps, settings are settings and all that jazz. Many of them kept their iPads because it was an expensive device but also said they tend to use it less often because they prefer Android.

Thats my .02¢

OP
S

Sirgeeps

Reaction score
Foks I need advice! I was an old droid x user that suffered through froyo and gingerbread. I switched to iphone 4s and recently the 5s. The phone works flawless, but as everyone knows, screen size and other options are boring compared to the Galaxy note 3. Yes I am entrenched in the iOS ecosystem, but I won't lose all that good stuff cause i'll still have an ipad, ipod blah blah blah. My question is do I still have to worry about the glitches that I dealt with when froyo and gingerbread were around? Am I going to have a device in a year that is laggy and glitchy? I've played with the phone and love it....but its brand new so obviously its going to work great. I just want an honest opinion and not a fanatic rant. Is the change from iphone to android smoother now? If so, I will return my 5s and get the note 3!

Thanks for all of the opinions. I MADE THE SWITCH!

Hands down, the Note 3 is the best phone I have ever used. I am extremely surprised at just how much I love using the s-pen. The hand writing recognition is almost perfect. Samsung did a great job.

Thanks again.

Neoart

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S4 White SCH1545
Unlike previous exp you had - Im pretty heavily embedded in Apple - 12K roughly.
Phone wise - that ended that nonsense recently with the S4 - By far the best thing ever done regardless how badly I mess it up -
I have cool escape clause built in now -
to bail me out - Right Here...