Advice for device manufacturers for 2017

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
blackberry-dtek-60-5424.jpg
We are a month away from kicking off the new year and 2016 saw a mixture of new ideas and stale ideas. There are some companies like Blackberry I think could have benefitted from modular tech, while companies like HTC could have benefitted from new innovation period.

What advice would you give to each manufacturer in 2017; Motorola/Lenovo, HTC, LG, Samsung, Apple, Blackberry, Huawei, Sony, Google (though they have companies make phones for them), and other smaller manufacturers out there?

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Front firing speakers.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
+1

Yup front facing speakers AND water proof.

Keep SD cards... and lets get some unified mod system created for manufacturers instead of a fractured eco-system where everyone has there own stuff... make it like a PC where everything is standardized...

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Ditto on the speakers, sd card slot , and replaceable battery. The only thing I would add is a activated (shame on you verizon for de-activating fm mods) FM radio module as well as an AM radio module to be capable of receiving EBS broadcast in the case that data/phone networks are down during a national emergency.

I was working as a tech in DC on 9/11 and was attempting to communicate what was going on back to my supervisors.

I was on the ramp @ army navy drive getting on 395 after finishing a call at ATF when the plane hit the pentagon and turned around to go up to Arlington ridge road to see what was going on. Shortly after going up there is when the powers that be cut off the direct connect on everybodys nextel and the phone lines were jammed. The only way I knew what was going on was through the radio in my car.

I always wondered what would of happened if it had been one of those days that I took the subway instead and how would I get that info. That's where a working radio on your phone pays for itself.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Yup keep the trend going more quality phones with great price points ...and more unlocked phones including all carriers so our CDMA folks can enjoy in on the phones

iPhone Seven Plus

creaky

Reaction score
Large, replaceable batteries that can be charged wirelessly and SD card slots. You can keep the 4k screen, thanks.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Large, replaceable batteries that can be charged wirelessly and SD card slots. You can keep the 4k screen, thanks.

You got me thinking there are rumors that Apple is working on wireless charging without having to place phone on charging pad ...that be great you come home phone connects and starts charging while you are going about your day ...or get to work same thing ...now that has me interested

iPhone Seven Plus

creaky

Reaction score
You got me thinking there are rumors that Apple is working on wireless charging without having to place phone on charging pad ...that be great you come home phone connects and starts charging while you are going about your day ...or get to work same thing ...now that has me interested

iPhone Seven Plus
LG has already developed this tech, though the phone needs to be near (not on) the charger. Hoping it gets into the G6.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
LG has already developed this tech, though the phone needs to be near (not on) the charger. Hoping it gets into the G6.

Yeah that be great for tech all the way around ..kinda like when you connect to wifi in range ...

iPhone Seven Plus

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hmmm....

FM/AM Radio capable
IR Blaster
5.9" QHD (4K video looks great from Youtube on my Nexus)
Minimal bezels (maximize the screen).
Fast start low light camera technology
Micro SD card
Fingerprint reader
Wireless Charging that is compatible with Qi charging (Powermat who?)
keyboard and screen dockable (turning the phone into a usable computer, where the dock charges the phone).

Someone, please build this phone for me, and make sure it says Made in the USA on the back. Thanx!

Last edited:

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Can't remember the last time I listened to FM radio...anywhere. If you need something for "emergencies", simply pick up one of those battery/hand crank operated/ radio/flashlight setups....keep it in the trunk of your car along with a blanket & some water. Because let's be realistic, if you only want it during an emergency, as mentioned earlier the cellular signal will like be out anyways, so that's a waste. Really Pere? If you're using an FM radio to listen to the game while you're AT the game, you're not fully experiencing an NFL game correctly. That's like going to a see the Stones in concert and looking at it through your phone the whole time because you want to record it for later. But then it's the Browns, so I can understand you wanting that distraction. Bwahahaha!
But yeah, longer battery life/replaceable batteries & ext sd cards are my number one concerns. 5 years we've been complaining about this and their only answer is "quick charge"? They have the technology, freaking use it!!
SMH

S5 tap'n