Random Monday Poll: Which Android Smartphone Do You Want Most in 2014?

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
AndroidPhones-hanging-out.jpg

January of 2014 is already almost gone. Pretty soon, we will be looking at the calendar wondering how it is January 2015 already. Before that happens though, we have a potentially great year on smartphone tech to look forward to. A number of Android manufacturers will be "upping their game" this year by offering some envelope pushing technology. We thought it would be fun to do a quick random Monday poll to see which flagship smartphones you guys are most looking forward to this year.

We have a great deal of new gear coming from the usual suspects, like Samsung, LG, Sony, HTC, Motorola, Google, but we might also see some intriguing hardware from Huawei, ZTE, Lenovo, and more. We have a good inkling of some of what is coming, but we are probably in for a few surprises. Of all of the brands that you know, which manufacturer's flagship smartphone (or phablet) are you most looking forward to? Make your choice in the poll and feel free to sound off in the thread why you made your choice. Enjoy!

Which smartphone OEM flagship are you most intrigued by?
  • Samsung
  • LG
  • Sony
  • Motorola
  • Google
  • HTC
  • Other Android - (Huawei, ZTE, Acer, Lenovo, Asus, Xiaomi, etc.)
  • Other Non-Android - (Apple, Microsoft/Nokia, BlackBerry)

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
I'm in love with my G2, LG really hit a home run with this thing. So much so that I specifically text my girlfriend even though we're usually in the same room together... Just so I have a reason to pick my device up.

Ah, to be an over privileged citizen in a first world country.

But yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing what they cook up this year. Also I'm trying to keep the hope alive for Motorola, though I'm not holding my breath at this point.

Sent from CAMACHO, my Verizon G2 (VS980) running PAC ROM 4.3.

Last edited:

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
Oops, double post.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I've been enjoying my Note 3 so much that the bug to look at what is coming out next to drool over hasn't hit me. It really is that nice of a phone. That being said, I'm curious to see what Moto has to offer. They really hit a home run IMO with the MotoX series.

jspradling7

Reaction score
As long as Samsung is producing a Galaxy with a large removable battery, SD slot, and Amoled display, I'll be looking forward to the next one. I really like the Moto X and I am very interested to see what they follow it with, so it will be the second thing I'll be waiting for.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a 4.7-5" phone with top specs (including SD slot). Haven't seen anything compelling on the near horizon yet, especially since I'm looking at full retail to keep unlimited.

I'd grab a Moto X off EBAY if it had an sd slot. Maybe an S4, but I think it might be too large for me. Probably sitting tight for 6-7 more months to see if VZW does anything with unlimited, or if VoLTE could potentially affect my decision.

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
Having Verizon seems to eliminate Google from the list or I'd want one. I am using the Galaxy Nexus and am due for an update. Haven't seen anything yet to make me jump (likely full price do to unlimited). I curently would need something to root that will allow me to add external flash drives with stickmount or similar. That eliminates the need for an SD slot. But have to have one or the other. Would like nice screen, good battery, and 2gb/32gb. I am intrigued by the thought that parts might be interchangeable.

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not looking at anymore Samsung devices.
My S4 will be my first and last. The whole KNOX thing leaves a bad taste.
Looking at LG or HTC.
I would love a Nexus or Sony device, but since I have Verizon Unlimited *AND* an employer discount, I'm stuck.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Being a Motorola addict since the Razr Maxx, I'm looking forward to seeing what they come out with next. I really have no desire to leave my current Maxx, I'm that happy with it. The 5" screen is just large enough for my smaller hands, and I personally have no need for removable battery or external memory. I still have just over 16gb free, even after iTunes music. I think the only thing I could possibly ask to be better on the next Moto, is the camera. Don't get me wrong, this camera is an improvement over previous cameras, but just because you give us 10mp doesn't make it a better camera ;-) Give us more control over it like the other manufacturers!

Sent from my Droid Maxx

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Im torn as I love my Note 2 but I am not like where Samsung seems to be heading with Knox so I am open to looking at what motorola has. Then again last time I said this that was when I bought my note 2 and am still loving the phone.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm loving my Note 3.This thing is such a beast.I did have to do a hard reset the other day but momma right now.Like everyone else said,I really do like that X with a wood back but I need a chain saw,I'm looking at a Stihl 391.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Having Verizon seems to eliminate Google from the list or I'd want one. I am using the Galaxy Nexus and am due for an update. Haven't seen anything yet to make me jump (likely full price do to unlimited). I curently would need something to root that will allow me to add external flash drives with stickmount or similar. That eliminates the need for an SD slot. But have to have one or the other. Would like nice screen, good battery, and 2gb/32gb. I am intrigued by the thought that parts might be interchangeable.

Moto X. You could get a 16 Gig for 399. It also supports stickmount (or similar technology)
Add Moto X's storage with Meenov MicroSD Reader - xda-developers

Oh, and please add another option to the poll:
[ ] I am not looking at a new device for 2014

Jmoore1701

Reaction score
Im torn as I love my Note 2 but I am not like where Samsung seems to be heading with Knox so I am open to looking at what motorola has. Then again last time I said this that was when I bought my note 2 and am still loving the phone.

I love my Note 2, too (ha!), and I got it specifically to give me the luxury of waiting. It's so perfect that a new phone would have to be terribly compelling for me to consider switching--and there's currently nothing that compelling around, or even rumored.
I don't even know what I would consider compelling at this point: the Note 2 has the speed, graphics, storage, call quality, camera, and apps that work perfectly for me. I'm likely going to wait and see what happens with T-Mobile's shakeup of pricing and upgrade structures, see if that leads to changes at VZW.

P.S. I haven't been keeping up; where IS Samsung headed with Knox?