adding home screans

steveinil

Reaction score
i have seen on here where people have more than one screan to the left and right of the home screan for saveing most used apps and widgets or whatever how do you add that? and thanks for the help and sorry for all the questions lol have had alot the last few days...

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
search for "home replacement" to see what you are getting into. if the ONLY thing you want is more screens though, go to the market app and search "Launcher+"

OP
S

steveinil

Reaction score
ok now that you ask if the only thing i want is more screens what is the other point of more screens that the home replacement your talking about lol

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
il search and read lol just thought about that after i posted the second question

Launcher+ just adds more home screens. The dev that created it also created home++, which provides a nifty little bar at the bottom that you can select different icons to put on [Not FULLY configurable yet, so there's a certain list of things it can launch, but a totally customizable one is promised.

There are other home replacements like PandaHome, Openhome, aHom [not sure if that's still around], GDE, dxTop

Each one offers unique customization options. Take a look at them [as you already said you will] and test a few out. Most of the paid ones offer a Lite or Beta version for free so you can get a feel for it.

Personally, I use home++:)

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i use Home++ too. it's awesome, and up to 7 screens

OP
S

steveinil

Reaction score
well i will definatly do some reading up on all this before i make a move lol alot totry to figure out but one more question if i install the home++ and dont like it for whatever reason can i go back to the stock home?

wickedgrip

Reaction score
^^yup if you dont like Home++ you can just simply go back to the original, I have Home++ and personally I couldn't be happier

droidilac

Reaction score
I use pandahome. Its free and works just fine for me... I use 5 screens with it....

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
There's an app called "Home Switcher." Using that you can easily switch from one home to another. You have the option of either launching a home (pressing the home button takes you to your default) or set one as a default. I'm using GDE right now, but I like Home++.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
it said on my app seach that home++ is free?

Yup. It's still in BETA, but many people agree it's just as good or better than apps that are being charged money for.

If you decide to use it, and have issues, please be on the home screen, then:
Press menu
Press preferences
Press Issues Group