ADB HELP! Digitizer broke and I am trying to pull contacts+sms. Manufacture warranty?

PaulKay

Reaction score
recently, my phone was dropped with an otterbox case and the digitizer cracked. allowing me to turn on the device and nothing more. I am able to get onto a PC and install ADB and SDK manager on my PC to help speed up the process but from there, I only know how to backup everything. something on the lines of adb -backupall
I really only am looking to restore contacts and a few other personal data. THE PHONE IS ROOTED. but again, i simply cannot do anything with the screen being broke. any help with adb to restore contacts would become a huge relief as i did not sync everything with gmail. also, is this something covered under the manufacturer warranty?
Thanks!

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Welcome to the forum Paul!
As for the manufacturer warranty, that would be a no. Unless of course you purchased the separate insurance, in which case, it would cover this type of damage.

tap'n

crmcsh01

Reaction score
cr6 is right, warranty will not cover your damage but insurance would. As for your contacts and data, you are not out of luck. If you have an OTG cable, plug in a usb mouse to the usb port and it will allow you to navigate on the screen without a functioning touch screen, if your LCD Screen is blank, your options are more limited and obviously a mouse will not help if you cannot SEE the screen. ADB will do you no good if you have not checked the "remember this computer" on your phone, which you can check if you use the mouse in the "otg" cable. I recently backed up contacts on an s5 using this method and it worked great. Bottom line is even an otter box doesn't provide 100% protection and always keep an OTG cable handy.

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SCH-I545 Galaxy S4 (Verizon)
Just use Samsung Kies 3! You can back up what you select and also restore it back to the new device when your ready