USB Debugging Can't Connect (Win7) OTA2.2

Lifeiskilingme79

Reaction score
A little background:
I rooted with the 2.1 by using a terminal emulator on the phone and copying the files over to the sd card and such that is detailed in the sticky here. I didn't unroot before I updated to OTA 2.2 but as I understand it, it's not a big deal.
I am running Windows 7 64 bit

Problem:
Seen as there isn't a way to do the root only on the phone (yet), I figured I would give ADB a shot.
I installed all the stuff that I was directed to. SDK (even updated it), the motorola drivers (64 bit), unzipped the Droid2Root.rar where it was supposed to go and such. I plug my phone in making sure that it's in PC Mode and everything looks good. The MotoConnect tells me that my phone is connected and I can interact with the phone via my computer. As soon as I turn USB debugging on, however, Windows searches (online and on my computer) for a driver and fails to find one. ADB won't show my X in the list. I have tried in Charge Only mode, Windows Media Sync, and PC mode. All work until USB debugging is turned on.

So what gives? Does the Motorola Drivers not cover USB Debugging? Did I overlook a program that needs to be installed? I thought it might be SDK so I updated it and downloaded everything possible with no luck.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Are you running RSD as admin?

Daali

Reaction score
A little background:
I rooted with the 2.1 by using a terminal emulator on the phone and copying the files over to the sd card and such that is detailed in the sticky here. I didn't unroot before I updated to OTA 2.2 but as I understand it, it's not a big deal.
I am running Windows 7 64 bit

Problem:
Seen as there isn't a way to do the root only on the phone (yet), I figured I would give ADB a shot.
I installed all the stuff that I was directed to. SDK (even updated it), the motorola drivers (64 bit), unzipped the Droid2Root.rar where it was supposed to go and such. I plug my phone in making sure that it's in PC Mode and everything looks good. The MotoConnect tells me that my phone is connected and I can interact with the phone via my computer. As soon as I turn USB debugging on, however, Windows searches (online and on my computer) for a driver and fails to find one. ADB won't show my X in the list. I have tried in Charge Only mode, Windows Media Sync, and PC mode. All work until USB debugging is turned on.

So what gives? Does the Motorola Drivers not cover USB Debugging? Did I overlook a program that needs to be installed? I thought it might be SDK so I updated it and downloaded everything possible with no luck.

Any help would be appreciated.

Try installing the 4.7.1 drivers from the motorola site. I had same issue with winxp

zoo16

Reaction score
I also had trouble with the Motorola drivers when only using the ones from the phone, and getting the 4.7.1 drivers on Motorola's site fixed it. (Was running Windows 7)