ADB Issues; PC Mode not working; Driver stuff -- 2.2 Leak

validoption

Reaction score
Just wanted a feel for whether or not I was alone in this, for those of you with the 2.2 leak, in conjunction with using Bootstrapper.

PC Mode does not work. There was a driver error and it just doesn't recognize it. Phone does not charge.

USB Mode works, but again, a driver error has rendered ADB Debugging Interface not working. File transfer is fine, however. Phone charges.

Windows Media Sync works, phone charges, the interface window pops up. AND, ADB will recognize the device and interacts with it.

EDIT: This can be deleted or left up as a lesson in idiocy.

Debugging mode needs to be off for the phone to install its drivers for the first time it connects to the PC. Updating to 2.2 constitutes needing a second "first time" as far as the X is concerned. So, yeah, I fail.

Last edited:

motorhaith

Reaction score
Just wanted a feel for whether or not I was alone in this, for those of you with the 2.2 leak, in conjunction with using Bootstrapper.

PC Mode does not work. There was a driver error and it just doesn't recognize it. Phone does not charge.

USB Mode works, but again, a driver error has rendered ADB Debugging Interface not working. File transfer is fine, however. Phone charges.

Windows Media Sync works, phone charges, the interface window pops up. AND, ADB will recognize the device and interacts with it.

Debugging mode needs to be off for the phone to install its drivers for the first time it connects to the PC. Updating to 2.2 constitutes needing a second "first time" as far as the X is concerned. So, yeah, I fail.

not sure if anyone found a fix, but i think i got it... i dont know how, but i think i just got lucky... after you install the drivers without usb debugging as op states, turn on usb debugging, and then under device manager, mine showed up as motorola composite device and couldnt update... so i clicked on update drivers and i chose the option "let me pick a device drivers etc" and the next screen showed up with three options... i chose android adb interface and voila... it works! hope this might help a little... i take no credit... just that i got lucky... if someone already answered this, credit goes to him or her!

drewlamo1

Reaction score

lol i had same problem. my phone is always in debugging so i would of never seen that fix till i read it on another thread

Arcstriker

Reaction score
I searched high and low for an answer to this, and found nothing... I would've never guessed to turn off my debug mode either. I wonder how many others are beating their heads against the wall on this one. :)

Thanks for the help... dancedroid

Should also add MB810 Driver Missing, to the list of errors, thats what I was searching for. and this fixed it all

donballz

Reaction score

notworthy.gif
OMG, I feel like an idiot. Thanks! I was driving myself crazy. I reinstalled the drivers 3 times!

boosted0ne

Reaction score
I still can not get debugging mode to work. I am a n00b to this so hang in there with me. I have tried reinstalling the drivers because I was continuously getting the MB810 driver missing error. Now that I have that corrected and the DX shows up as Android Sooner Composite ADB Interface when USB Debugging is enabled in the device manager I still dont get the warning message on the DX that I am in debugging mode as I do when in Mass Storage mode. What am I missing? Any ideas?

donballz

Reaction score
What are you trying to do? I was able to root my device in media sharing mode with usb debugging turned on if that helps.

boosted0ne

Reaction score
That is exactly what I am trying to do. Following the guids on XDA forums I get to the step at which you run the bin process. When it resets it will not reconnect without going into the Mass Storage mode which will not allow the other steps to continue since the DX can not access the SDcard at the same time ADB is accessing it.

donballz

Reaction score
I did the xda instructions. After the bin process, I restarted both the phone and the computer and everything connected.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk