Acer Slider tablet Q4

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
acer-logo-window-550x366.jpg

It looks like Acer just might be planning to release a new sliding tablet sometime around the 4th quarter of this year according to Digitimes’ sources within the supply chain. While we don’t know too much about the rumored device, these sources leaked that Acer’s new slide tablet will feature a 10-inch display, ARM-based processor and will be manufactured by Compal Electronics. Estimated shipments for the device still weren’t available but are expected to be more conservative than other “overly optimistic” vendors. In case you forgot, Acer recently cut their 2011 tablet shipping estimates in half due to poor sell through.

Although the company has yet to formally announce this sliding tablet, it’s possible they’ve seen the success Asus has been having with their Eee Pad Transformer and its popular keyboard attachment. Fujitsu also has their own sliding tablet although running Windows and is set to release this summer.

SOURCE: Acer reportedly planning to launch slide tablet PC in 4Q11

Last edited by a moderator:

silverfang77

Reaction score
Does a slider tablet mean it has a keyboard? I'm picturing a giant slider cell phone, like my Droid 2. And of course, there are no pictures...

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Too bad Acer sucks tremendously. I will never buy one of their products again...

sent from my ApeX