Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez

acer-logo.jpg

Acer reportedly plans to launch a quad-core Android 4.0 tablet early next year that will compete against Eee Pad Transformer Prime from Asus and an upcoming quad-core device from Samsung, sources tell Digitimes.

Android Tablets powered by dual core processors from Acer (Iconia Tab A500), Asus (Eee Pad Transformer) and Samsung (Galaxy Tab) did not capture the market to the extent they were expected to, but all three vendors have decided to remain in the field.

Lenovo too is expected to launch a quad core processor tablet early next year crowding the market. Quad core tablet offerings from Acer and Lenovo are expected to be priced between US $459-599, which rules out potential Amazon Kindle Fire customers being lured.

So will you be getting a Quad-Core beast next year?
:cool-b:

Source: Acer Tablet Forum via DigiTimes

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think the 600$ price points is the reason not many are biting. they are clearly overpricing the product. Thats a decent laptop. IMO a android tablet just doesn't compare. And just as a side ramble, can we be done with the 599? just round up please, not like the tax is only a penny or anything.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I think the 600$ price points is the reason not many are biting. they are clearly overpricing the product. Thats a decent laptop. IMO a android tablet just doesn't compare. And just as a side ramble, can we be done with the 599? just round up please, not like the tax is only a penny or anything.

This is why I haven't jumped over to the tablets.

soulpatch

Reaction score
I finally jumped this past weekend when the transformer was on sale at Best Buy for $250. That is more in my sweet spot in terms of price. Heck even the Playbook sold like hotcakes this past weekend around $250...

I think the big wigs need to see this and realize that we are not a brand following like with Apple and thus you can not charge us a premium for the name till proven to us...

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i will be owning a new transformer ..it does everything i would need a netbook to do.. internet modify simple word excel spread sheets etc.. in a easier to carry package.. and i have teamviewer if i need to do something more:)

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have a xoom, it was a present. I probably would spend 300 on it. no more.