[Follow-Up] Despite Poor Sales Acer Reports it Will Stick with Tablet Business

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Dec 27, 2011.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

[​IMG]

Previously, we reported industry rumors suggesting that Acer may drop out of, or greatly diminish their tablet business presence, due to poor sales. Acer's company founder, Stan Shih, came forward to comment on these rumors himself. He indicated that the tablet industry has too much potential too give up on, and that they will continue to build tablets and smartphones. He also shared (as stated in the BGR article) that,

He also reminded that Acer started off slow in the PC notebook market before becoming one of the most successful manufacturers in the world.

Source: BGR
  2. warped1987

warped1987 New Member

Awesome, so glad they are sticking it out. Now I just wish they would fix the problem of Baltic feedback not working on my keyboard properly. I hate how to types letters twice in a row and practically dies with the option enabled. Its one of my favorite options

Sent from my A100 using DroidForums
  3. akhenax

akhenax Well-Known Member

Didn't really care if they stayed in the game or left, but I think it's good business practice to stay. Tablets are big now, and to leave the market when it's just starting to take off is...well just silly.