? about Kernels

PatchAdams2000

Reaction score
I just bought me a Dinc and flashed unrevoke to root it. Then I dl'd and installed Cyanogen 6.0 w/Google Apps.

I was wondering, I hear a lot of talk on kernels to help with performance & battery life. I used Project Elite v5 on my OG Droid and had it overclocked/underclocked inside the Elite settings. Just wondering what I can do with Cyanogen since it doesn't have voltage options.
I'm new to the kernel thing. I hear about Incredikernels but get lost in google search.

Model # - ADR6300
Android Version - 2.2.1
Baseband Version - 2.15.00.07.28
Kernel Version - 2.6.32.17-cyanogenmod koush@koushik-OSx86 #27
Mod Version - CyanogenMod-6.1.0-Inc
Build # - FRG83

^^Posted that in case anyone has any good ideas on some stuff I oughta try. I take risks, but I'm not trying to walk on glass here.

OP
PatchAdams2000

PatchAdams2000

Reaction score
Appreciate that. Using Incredikernel w/smartass governor. My battery life is amazing and still kicking speed! Thank you so much!

Sent from my Droid Incredible using DroidForums App

smtom

Reaction score
Note, you must use AOSP kernels with AOSP ROMs, and Sense kernels for Sense ROMs, else you bootloop.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

IanX8325

Reaction score
Note, you must use AOSP kernels with AOSP ROMs, and Sense kernels for Sense ROMs, else you bootloop.

Hey thanks I never realized that! Idk if that was the problem when I tried running Tiamat kernel with CM7 and it would freeze at the boot screen. Now using Incredkernel.

smtom

Reaction score
Same logic applies between Froyo and gingerbread, along with AOSP and sense.