first root, now roms

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by bionic4.0, Nov 15, 2010.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  1. bionic4.0

bionic4.0 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    next step is kernels and overclocking.dancedroid yesterday I had some down time a full battery(and a handy charger), and wifi so I downloaded rom manager and gave the demo version a try. I must say after I read a couple of post about flashing the clockwork mod and 1 about wiping before installing. one boot loop reload. it loaded and is running the "CyanogenMod 6.0 stable with adwlauncher and google apps. so far so good. I get a day off this week and think i might go for ultimatedroid with a low volt 1ghz kernel. as so far the look of it is the most appetizing.

if any one has a suggestions ill take them.
  2. icculusX

icculusX Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I personally would skip the ROM Manager and just read thru these forums. Download, transfer to your phone, and flash. There are so many good ROMs out there and they are not on ROM Manager...

...Then your next step is applying a theme :)
  3. YankInDaSouth

YankInDaSouth Theme Developer Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +60
    I agree with icculusX, don't limit yourself to what's only on ROM Manager ... there is a lot of good stuff floating around out here!
  4. Stelv

Stelv Silver Member

Ratings:
    +8
    I also agree. Rom manager can be used for flashing... but I always download a zip to sdcard and install through recovery. By the way Ultimate Droid 1.0 is awesome with included stock kernel. Luna theme is a very nice looking theme. Make sure you check the versions of a ROM for stable or experimental/release candidate. Stable version may have less bugs. Overclocking 101 helped me out alot too
  5. bionic4.0

bionic4.0 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok good looking out. I rooted with out an app so why not flash rims with out an app. Ill check in to that
    thanks nate