.905 4G issues

uoficowboy

Reaction score
Hi - I live in an area with good 4G coverage. But quite frequently I will show full signal strength and 4G connection, but my internet browser (and all other Internet enabled apps) will complain about having no Internet access. This phone worked great since I got it (on the day it was released), but about a month ago it started having these issues. I reverted back to .902, then installed .905, and then re-rooted myself, i hopes that the .905 would fix it. But, it has not. Things may be a bit better now, but I still lose my Internets periodically. I've been using the "restart connections" app which seems to fix it some of the time. But this sucks.

Any suggestions?

jp1044

Reaction score
Hi - I live in an area with good 4G coverage. But quite frequently I will show full signal strength and 4G connection, but my internet browser (and all other Internet enabled apps) will complain about having no Internet access. This phone worked great since I got it (on the day it was released), but about a month ago it started having these issues. I reverted back to .902, then installed .905, and then re-rooted myself, i hopes that the .905 would fix it. But, it has not. Things may be a bit better now, but I still lose my Internets periodically. I've been using the "restart connections" app which seems to fix it some of the time. But this sucks.

Any suggestions?

Do you use anything like Juice Defender and or anything that disables 3G/4G when the phone is asleep? Also, when your browser reports having no connection, what color is the 4G icon and the signal bars? I would greatly advise you to flash one of the ICS leaks as data reliability has been much improved in these updates. If you need help with that or have any other questions, let me know!

OP
U

uoficowboy

Reaction score
Do you use anything like Juice Defender and or anything that disables 3G/4G when the phone is asleep? Also, when your browser reports having no connection, what color is the 4G icon and the signal bars? I would greatly advise you to flash one of the ICS leaks as data reliability has been much improved in these updates. If you need help with that or have any other questions, let me know!
What colors does the 4G icon show up as? I'm partially color blind, so I have to watch pretty carefully. I had never noticed it changing colors (besides seeing the arrows go from what looks to me like dark grey to a light blue to show (I'm assuming) activity.

I do not have juice defender.

I have no idea how to flash an ICS leak - which would I want to install? Would it wipe out root, my apps, etc.?

jp1044

Reaction score
What colors does the 4G icon show up as? I'm partially color blind, so I have to watch pretty carefully. I had never noticed it changing colors (besides seeing the arrows go from what looks to me like dark grey to a light blue to show (I'm assuming) activity.

I do not have juice defender.

I have no idea how to flash an ICS leak - which would I want to install? Would it wipe out root, my apps, etc.?

Ok, The 4G/3G icon should be Blue if it is connected and ready for use and white means that the data network is disconnected. As far as the ICS leaks, if you are on .905 without safestrap installed then flashing an ICS leak would be easy. I would recommend the .230 leak. I have had zero problems with it and the data reliability and signal strength seem a lot better. After you flash an ICS leak though, you have to FXZ back to .902 to get back on the OTA path. You would also be able to re root and restore your apps if you back them up before flashing. Heres some instructions on how to flash the ICS leak:

BACK UP YOUR APPS AND FILES TO SD CARD BEFORE STARTING

1. Download the ICS leak .230 and put it the zip on your SD card: http://db.tt/j4CUNmLT
2. Turn off the phone
3. Hold the vol up and vol down keys while simultaneously holding the power button
4. You should see a black and white menu
5. Use the volume down key to highlight Recovery and use the vol down key to select it
6. Once you see the Android come up, press both volume keys simultaneously
7. Use the volume keys to scroll to "install zip from sd card" and use the power button to select it
8. Select the zip file you downloaded in the first step
9. Select Yes
10. Wait for the flashing process to finish, which can take up to 10 minutes.
11. Once the flashing process is done, select reboot now.
12. You should now boot into ICS!

duane225

Reaction score
I have the same problem.

Do you use anything like Juice Defender and or anything that disables 3G/4G when the phone is asleep? Also, when your browser reports having no connection, what color is the 4G icon and the signal bars? I would greatly advise you to flash one of the ICS leaks as data reliability has been much improved in these updates. If you need help with that or have any other questions, let me know![/QUOTE my icon turns from blue to white when no data connection