Lost Internet Connection today on Custom Rom, Have internet on Stock

scottocs

Reaction score
Fixed - Lost Internet Connection today on Custom Rom, Have internet on Stock

Fixed: Apparently I hit the shortcut on my home screen to disable the network and didn't realise it.
Weird that it would go on/off though by itself.
All good now :)

I'm on KIN3TX V1.0 and I have just lost ALL internet Connection today.
We just got 4G in the local area and now I can't find it.
I'm assuming it's because they rolled out 902?

Here's phone stats:
Pretty sure I'm on the 901 radio
System Version: 5.8.894.XT875
Android Version: 2.3.4
Baseband: CDMA_N_04.06.00R LTEDC_U_07.1E.00
Kernel: 2.6.35.7-g83f1a47
- vwm736@il93lnxdroid43 #1
Build: [K]IN3TX V1.0

Is there another Rom that I could switch to besides stock and keep connection?
Or what should I do? It's really weird that one it randomly stopped today but works on Stock Rom.

Last edited:

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
You said they rolled out .902? Are you on it right now? If so I wouldn't just automatically assume your radio is on .901

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm on KIN3TX V1.0 and I have just lost ALL internet Connection today.
We just got 4G in the local area and now I can't find it.
I'm assuming it's because they rolled out 902?

Here's phone stats:
Pretty sure I'm on the 901 radio
System Version: 5.8.894.XT875
Android Version: 2.3.4
Baseband: CDMA_N_04.06.00R LTEDC_U_07.1E.00
Kernel: 2.6.35.7-g83f1a47
- vwm736@il93lnxdroid43 #1
Build: [K]IN3TX V1.0

Is there another Rom that I could switch to besides stock and keep connection?
Or what should I do? It's really weird that one it randomly stopped today but works on Stock Rom.

First of all, are you sure there isn't a coverage outage in your area? I was lunch a few days ago in Baton Rouge where 4G is usually very strong. I had just installed the new 4.0.4 leaked radios on my Gnex and was anxious to see if the 4G-3G switching was as fast as everyone was reporting. So I switched from CDMA only mode to LTE/CDMA and could not get a 4G signal. The phone did switch back to 3G. I tried to force it to 4G over and over and it would not work. I then rebooted to CWMR and reinstalled the 4.0.3 radios as they did work well, just didn't do the switch too well. Once things settled down, I switched back to LTE/CDMA and guess what - no 4G!! I then, as I should have done previously, turned on my wife's Bionic and - no 4G. I had just reinstalled old radios due to there being a 4G outage in that part of town.

Ok, now about the .902 - I would be totally amazed if you can get the .902 to install unless your phone is totally stock on 5.5.893 (that is just my guess). My wife's phone is on .901 and it is pure sweetness, but I plan on putting it back to .893 tonight in preparation for the .902. I will do that unless I start reading of people successfully going from .901 to .902. We'll see soon. But I'm sure you will not be able to go from your custom rom to the .902.

Good luck