Periodically losing 3G and 4G signal.

Youngster77

Reaction score
My phone tends to completely lose 3 and 4G signal every now and then. It'll happen at least once every 2 days or so. The phone will have reception for calls and text but no browsing capability. Apps and email that require an internet connection will not work either i.e. facebook or the app market. It happens in places where I know I have 3 and 4G signal. When it chooses to till just go dead. I’ve tried switching from CDMA/LTE to CDMA and it doesn’t help. The only way for me to regain the signal is to shut the phone down and turn it back on. Is there something wrong with the phone. Any recommendation on fixes for this issue?

dgoakill

Reaction score
same here. usually turning on airplane mode for few seconds and then turning it off solves the issue. recently that hasn't worked and a reboot has been necessary. tonight not even that is working. I came here checking to see if maybe the network was down. I also (may be connection related) experienced issues where an app I have installed is no longer there. I click on the short cut icon on one of the home screens and get a message saying there is no app. checking the app drawer shows the app is completely gone. been happening a lot lately as well.

moset

Reaction score
There is a long list of issues that are supposed to be fixed in an OTA scheduled for early November.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

dalegg

Reaction score
This is one of the issues that will be fixed in the November OTA.

TatDroid

Reaction score
I also (may be connection related) experienced issues where an app I have installed is no longer there. I click on the short cut icon on one of the home screens and get a message saying there is no app. checking the app drawer shows the app is completely gone. been happening a lot lately as well.

The "losing apps" is another known issue - but there's an easy work around. Hit the "settings" hard key on your phone and chose "manage apps". Choose the "media area" tab at the top. Scroll down the list and UNCHECK any apps that are checked. This will move them back to the phone's internal "app storage" area. DO NOT install or move any apps to the "media area" of the internal memory - that's were they'll disappear from. (This is a known issue and will be fixed). Your Droid's internal storage is formatted so that 4GB is reserved for apps. This 4GB can ONLY be used for app storage, so "moving to SD" just means this 4GB of app storage space is wasted. 4GB is a TON of space for apps - so use it! You will have no problem with it getting full any time in the near future - and by then there should be a software update to correct this issue. Forget you ever learned about "move to SD" - that's a relic that now pertains only to old hardware with limited internal storage space. You don't have that problem any more.

Now, if only there was an easy work around for the 4G/3G data loss problem. I've had my Bionic since release day and this issue seems to be gradually getting worse...

Last edited:

pbcarch

Reaction score
I am trying to remain positive here...after three weeks with my bionic the loss of 3g/4g signal is really getting annoying. The more I think about it considering what we are paying for these things Motorola should be ashamed. Then to hear (according to this forum) that they know of the issue but will release a fix in November ??!!
I have been a loyal Motorola customer for quite some time starting with the Star Tac (and so many more I can not remember) but come people if you know ther is an issue fix it now!

Wondering if I made a mistake with this Bionic....

Stevet86

Reaction score
I had the 3g / data loss problems also since I got mine. I did a battery pull the other day and haven't had it occur again. Might just be lucky though.