.893 Update

dmullen1373

Reaction score
So I have the Theory Rom. Which is great by the way. Love having a de-Verizoned BS phone. Quick question however....The latest ROM from them was built off the .893 OTA. So, with that being said, am I missing out on anything from the newest release of .893? I still have ridiculous problems with the dropping of the 4G connection, and it has repeatedly made me want to throw this thing. I use Fring a lot and in the middle of phone calls, it just drops. It's frustrating. So is the Verizon released .893 any different from the encoded Theory ROM .893? Not that I'd be able to do an OTA anyway; I'm just curious.

Thanks. Awesome site too. I'd be lost without it......

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
What does it say for your kernel in about phone?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

MrToneBonez

Reaction score
I was actually wondering the same thing, i am in the same situation as dmullen. Under my about setting my kernel says 2.6.35.7-g790a33c

OP
D

dmullen1373

Reaction score
Same as mrtbonez.

2.6.35.7-g790a33c
hpn683@il93lnxdroid29 #1

Weird because as I'm seeing throughout the forums that people are having the same problems as before, namely the data drop. Which is totally bogus.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sorry guys I had to step away for a long while. Anyways it looks like you guys are on the old kernel still. You haven't flashed any leaks right? Even though you flashed a rom based on 893 build it didn't change your kernel. The ota from Moto 5.5.893 will give you the new kernel amongst other things. It has helped me with signal and battery. Hardly any data drops for me. There a couple of way you could get the update..

A) Restore to total stock. You can stay rooted. Restore a backup of your stock system if you have one. Make sure all bloat is unfrozen. If you haven't installed any leaks the ota should come to your phone. Make sure you have applied 43v3r root in order to keep too throughout the update process.

B) If the update doesn't come or you can wait for it you can manually apply the update through stock Moto recovery. I followed DroidModderXs instructions for applying the official leak from p3droid. Its suppose to match the ota.http://droidmodderx.com/bionic/leak-ota-update-5-5-893-better-battery-bettery-connection/

If you don't feel comfortable flashing the leak, just wait for the ota. Should be to you any day now.

Cinoib

Reaction score
I took the update a week ago. Prior to getting the update, I dropped 4g and 3g at least once daily. I had to reboot the bionic to recover 4/3 g reception.

My camera was so slow I gave up using it.

I was rooted via SuperOneClick or Pete's (can't remember). I also used SqLite to tether.

After taking the update I lost root. However I have only dropped data once. The camera is completely what it is suppose to be. And I get more life from my extended battery.

And, thanks to advice from Cheddar72, I found an exploit that returned full root.

TAKE THE UPDATE. But, look into Permaroot exploid to maintain your root through the OTA process.

Sent from my SGH-T849 using DroidForums