.893 Insane Droid OS usage

Dezero

Reaction score
I originally did the "cheesecake" hack to bring my droid up to the .893 (which was successful with no issues) in hopes to fix my battery drainage issue as well as my 4g Drop issue. Neither of these seem to change significantly with the cheesecake update However, my "Android OS" usage on the battery has skyrocketed. By sky rocketed i mean from 4% with the old version to the .893 being around 56/58% all the time during the normal day and this is regardless of my phone being idle black screen or heavily used streaming Netflix etc. I then used my Bootstrap recovery to take me back to the stock version and waited till the OTA from Verizon of the .893 thinking maybe something changed. It didn't.

Has anyone else noticed this? and if so, what kinda tole is this "memory leak" for lack of better intelligence on this subject, going to take on the phone. I have a bootstrap recovery to the old version, maybe i should stay there until the next OTA.

~Dezero

blwn327

Reaction score
that is my issue now also, updated then 43v3r and my android os is 30% along with screen display 30%

OP
D

Dezero

Reaction score
Glad im not the only one... right now my Android OS is at 44% and display is at 26% prior to this release my "Cell Standby" used to be about 40/45% now its 5% Weird.

Eshuntmu

Reaction score
Is there a resolution for this because I have the same prob......I want to go back to .886 is there a way to

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

blwn327

Reaction score
Im doing battery calibration by n""" don't remember by who but starts with n. I'm rooted and started it earlier and seems to be better already

Eshuntmu

Reaction score
Is that an apo

Eshuntmu

Reaction score
I found it by nema I'll give this a shot.......

4_2_O_Face

Reaction score
So far you have talked about the %'s - but how is your battery life and performance? Who cares about the percentage of use reported unless your battery life and performance are affected.

blwn327

Reaction score
I know i wouldn't be saying anything if it wasn't? Android os is killing my battery with very small use of anything else. I played live hold em for a half hr and was 5% while os was still draining at 30+ %

Eshuntmu

Reaction score
It has done the same for me i am completely stock now on the ota update that came to the phone......i ordered a replacement to see if that will come with the......886 so I'll stay stock jus to see if theres a diff

ckonon

Reaction score
same here, my battery life has been horrible since the update. os using 30% or more. i was running purity before and great battery life. i have never ran any of the cheesecake updates. i restored via clockwork to my original stock rooted rom, 4ever rooted and then updated.