An Unexpected Error Occurred while updating to 893.

SDroidDawg

Reaction score
Prior to the privious VZW update I used the Forever Root. I was able to update with no problem and installed the Liberty ROM. Now that the 893 update is out I tried to update but I'm getting "An unexpected error has occurred. Please try again later." I have tried again three times now. Am I doing something wrong and if so what might I be doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,
SDroidDawg

OP
SDroidDawg

SDroidDawg

Reaction score
When I run the update it seems to install to about 25% then reboots into my Liberty ROM.

anwarlucas

Reaction score
Sounds like you are not on the upgrade path due to your custom rom.. you should try doing the path saver fix, here in this forum..

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using morris code in the future!

Llawen

Reaction score
Yes, you must be on stock rom.

Bionic kinetic w/hneysc3m. Oc'ed 1.2, 5.5.893. Tweaked out

gsDroid

Reaction score
Yes, you must be on stock rom.
Agree. Not only on a stock system (rooted ok), but you cannot have removed or frozen any system apps or bloat, and you cannot have even made edits to the build.prop file as I found out trying to flash the .901 update. You will probably have to use one of the methods to go back to stock 5.5.886, flash the .893 update, then root and forever root. At that point you could do the .901 update and keep root and have the latest radio/kernel.

Llawen

Reaction score
I used p3droids pathway. It worked, but, It did not play well with root. I could not get any program root access. Except root explorer. And market did not work well. I went back my to 5.5.893

gsDroid

Reaction score
If you have root on 5.5.893, you can do the forever root edits and keep root when doing the 5.9.901 update. I did, and my data is even more reliable and switches between 3g and 4g more easily.

Llawen

Reaction score
I have read that the,. 901 update does not work with roms. Is that true? Secondly I am forever rooted via dhackers root and forever root, do I still use p3droids. Pathway saver to flash. 901 update? I am completely stock, but am overclocked. How did you flash. 901?

Llawen

Reaction score
Oh I forgot I did tweak propbuild using rom toolbox of of market. I should be able to delete rom toolbox and all goes back to normal after reboot?

OP
SDroidDawg

SDroidDawg

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I wanted to let you all know that I finally got the 5.5.893 update using the R3l3AS3DRoot. I haven't put a ROM back on it yet because I am considering the 901 update. Is the one that is out there worth getting or should I wait until it or the next update is released?

Thanks,
SDroidDawg

gsDroid

Reaction score
I have read that the,. 901 update does not work with roms. Is that true? Secondly I am forever rooted via dhackers root and forever root, do I still use p3droids. Pathway saver to flash. 901 update? I am completely stock, but am overclocked. How did you flash. 901?
There are several places to get the ota update files for .901, but to flash it from stock recovery you must be completely stock with no frozen or deleted system apps and an unedited build.prop. I don't know about the your overclock situation, but I think it could be a problem, too. I had a copy named build.prop.bak because I edited it with Root Explorer which made an automatic backup. Don't know about your rom toolbox editing the file, but you could look for a backup. If you have to use P3's method to go back and try again, stop after the .893 update and get root and forever root. Then you'll keep root when updating to .901 by flashing it in stock recovery.

Last edited:

gsDroid

Reaction score
Both Kin3tx and Eclipse 2.1 are compatible with .901. You have to get the .901 compatible version of Kin3tx or replace several radio-related files or get eclipse at eclipserom.com.