Rooted and 43V3R .893, now .901 installation won't budge

Reaction score
So after soo many long hours trying to get back to .893 and 43V3R root it, I did it. So then using the Path Saver folder with the .893 and .901 updates , all I did was transfer the .901 zip file to the SD Card and go into Recovery and start installing it. Everything seems to go well until I get this error

assert failed: motorola.motoflash("/tmp/lte.img")
E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(Status 7)
Installation Aborted

Any Help? I went to too much trouble to 43V3R root .893 and then not being able to update to .901. What can I be doing wrong?

locofocos

Reaction score
Have you tried the one click script yet? It should take you to the latest OTA, then you can install 5.9.901 after the script is all done and you know you have a forever root properly applied. You didn't try to install 5.9.901 in the same session as 5.5.893 did you?

OP
xPlatinum-Androidx
Reaction score
No I followed this tutorial Get to 5.5.893 OTA from ANY LEAK - RootzWikind I managed to get .893. I then rooted and 43V3R rooted the phone via http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-bionic-hacks/173870-r3l3as3droot-43v3r-root-bionic-v2-1-a.html

A
fter that I got the zip file of .901 from the PathSaver method folder and moved it to my SD Card. I installed the update with Recovery and got that error message.

However my phone now says I'm on .901 AND I'm rooted. Now I'm confused. I just wanna make sure I properly installed .901 while still having my phone rooted

locofocos

Reaction score
I'd wait for someone more knowledgeable to chime in. Looking at the filename, it appears to be radio related. I had the impression the installation either wouldn't run and fail completely or it would go all the way through. As I understand, 5.9.901 won't run on top of an old radio, so I think it flashed properly if you booted into 901. You can try the one click restore again if it helps you sleep better. Maybe delete the files from your SD card in case they got corrupted, or even consider downloading it again. Sorry I can't help more.

OP
xPlatinum-Androidx
Reaction score
Thanks

I just hope someone here as you say, with more knowledge can maybe see if I have to reinstall .901 due to the error, or keep the phone as it is. I'm just happy I'm on .901 and rooted dancedroid

Narffran

Reaction score
No I followed this tutorial Get to 5.5.893 OTA from ANY LEAK - RootzWikind I managed to get .893. I then rooted and 43V3R rooted the phone via fter that I got the zip file of .901 from the PathSaver method folder and moved it to my SD Card. I installed the update with Recovery and got that error message.

However my phone now says I'm on .901 AND I'm rooted. Now I'm confused. I just wanna make sure I properly installed .901 while still having my phone rooted

Your numbers match this picture? http://www.droidforums.net/forum/at...te-5-9-901-uploadfromtaptalk1324333690953.jpg

That's a screen shot of .901

OP
xPlatinum-Androidx
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm only missing 2nd code [LTEDC...etc] in Baseband Version. Other then that, everything is the same

OP
xPlatinum-Androidx
Reaction score
Nooooo now I realized what failed to install. Notice how the error I listen in my 1st post contains LTE and based on the photo, and my response, I'm missing 4G LTE. Can someone please give me and others [because I know there has to be people in my situation] a simple step by step guide to install .901 with 43V3R root?