How do I recover from brick with the unreleased 893 update?

shenanigans9001

Reaction score
I recklessly installed the 893 update thinking it would fix my connection problems and it didn't so I tried to go back to stock using rsd lite and it just fails. I'm now stuck in Fastboot. Any suggestions? And you think verizon will replace it if i cant recover it?

OP
shenanigans9001

shenanigans9001

Reaction score
So i got back to 886 and stock without the use of rsd lite just by formatting data and cache through the stock android recovery, but now everytime i reboot it goes into fastboot and rsd lite doesnt detect it. at least its not bricked though. For all that care, 893 did remove and block root access but i also saw some improvements (connection was how it should be). Hopefully the official update coming up doesnt block root cause that would be lame :p

EDIT: Derp. forgot to go in fastboot when trying rsdlite. it detected it fine.

DroidXJoel

Reaction score
Start from scratch. Download the factory rom, wipe all cache and format, and thru ADB download your stock rom then root. From what I've read the Motorola OTA is supposed to block root. Good luck

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
shenanigans9001

shenanigans9001

Reaction score
I went to verizon to try and just get a replacement and they had no idea how to navigate fastboot. I had to show them everything. In the end, they did nothing but waste an hour of my time.
I ran dhacker29's one click fast boot restore and root, worked better than rsd lite which continuously failed. everything is back to normal. thanks for the help DroidXJoel! I'll just stick to what im familiar with next time.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
So i got back to 886 and stock without the use of rsd lite just by formatting data and cache through the stock android recovery, but now everytime i reboot it goes into fastboot and rsd lite doesnt detect it. at least its not bricked though. For all that care, 893 did remove and block root access but i also saw some improvements (connection was how it should be). Hopefully the official update coming up doesnt block root cause that would be lame :p

EDIT: Derp. forgot to go in fastboot when trying rsdlite. it detected it fine.

I take it you didn't do the forever root thing before doing the update?