ROMS built on .893

krameroid

Reaction score
I noticed roms such as the Th3ory collection and BioweaponX say they're built off of the .893 OTA or have a .893 base.

Im being patient and still have .886. Can I flash roms like these without a problem?

Sent from my Bubonic BIONIC using DroidForums

thejacked1

Reaction score
You can, I did. Kinda pointless tho I think because its the radio/kernel you get from the real 893 that your really after that supposedly helps

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
krameroid

krameroid

Reaction score
UPDATE: I'm still sticking with .886. I flashed Eclipse 1.1 which is based on leaked .893. They didn't recommend doing that but it still ran great. I checked my phone after flashing and it said I was running .893. I didn't notice a difference other than the camera was much faster. Could have just been the rom.

Then I decided to flash Liberty3 v2.0 Gold just to try it out. As most of you know, they base their roms only on official OTA updates. After flashing I was back to .886 and running smooth!

Thanks to thejacked1 for giving me courage. Noobs beware, Nitroglycerin33 (Eclipse dev) doesn't recommend it.

kamisan

Reaction score
the 893 you saw was from the build prop. the actual kernel and radio were still 886. you have to use stock recovery and install a recover upgrade image to update the kernel and radio and so far once you do that your keeping it.

Sent from my bionic using DroidForums