8 gigs of on board storage....the more I think about this....

Discussion in 'HTC ThunderBolt' started by tc3, Apr 13, 2011.

1. cpjr

cpjr Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Not at all.

Ok, I got an idea....I'll stop thinking your a tard if you stop thinking Im at tard and we'll start over on a good foot.

2. stonedoubt

stonedoubt Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't think you are a "tard". :)

I am a programmer... by default that makes me think everyone else is not tech minded :)

3. cpjr

cpjr Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Fair enough, I managed a NOC for awhile, I know how "you guys" are :icon_eek:

4. stonedoubt

stonedoubt Member

Ratings:
    +0
    :icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

5. slinky

slinky Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It's pretty simple. Money is money and time is money. If someone knew about this and this was an intentional act of deception, then they ought to pay for damages. What's so laughable about that? Is your time not worth anything and the cost of accessories? I spent many hours setting up the phone, dealing with Verizon and its 4G issues initially, etc.

The only thing laughable is someone who accepts being scammed. Innocent mutual mistakes are a whole other ball game. I'm sure some group of lawyers already has this in motion and I know of at least one firm.

6. slinky

slinky Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Not it's not. It's like saying a 100GB laptop which arrives being only 30GB user accessible and the "error" is not immediately recognizable.

7. manilaboy1vic

manilaboy1vic Member

Ratings:
    +3
    am i the only that had a D-INC??

the internal storage was accessible.. via USB cable and a computer.. that is what HTC led us to believe we were getting.. am i alone thinking this??

8. slinky

slinky Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Logic, common sense and the law disagree with you. If a hard drive from your store says it has 1TB, with or without the message about formatting, does it say anywhere on the package that there is a user accessible amount? No. It's implied that, unless otherwise stated, the storage is there for your use. Reasonable disclosures that allow consumers to make reasonable comparisons between goods in the marketplace.

Imagine this -- manufacturers were able to sell hard drives and provide all sorts of gross capacity numbers but consumers couldn't find out what they really could use until they get home with any reasonable expectation. So Hitachi's 1TB hard drive only has 240MB of available space while Samsung's has 600MB of space and WD's has 450 MB.

9. slinky

slinky Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Bingo. Of course not. That's the prime example. I had an Incredible too. Even the Verizon employees here told me that there is 8GB of user accessible storage less formatting. No, you're in the majority.

10. manilaboy1vic

manilaboy1vic Member

Ratings:
    +3
    the htc website clearly states:

Memory: 8GB emmc + 768 RAM Memory card, preinstalled 32 GB microSD™

eMMC

eMMC describes an architecture consisting of an embedded storage solution with MMC interface, flash memory and controller, all in a small ball grid array (BGA) package.[4]
    Embedded MultiMediaCard (e-MMC) e-MMC/Card Product Standard, High Capacity, including Reliable Write, Boot, Sleep Modes, Dual Data Rate, Multiple Partitions Supports and Security Enhancement

11. slinky

slinky Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Exactly. It doesn't say 32GB but really a 6GB user accessible microSD. With the RAM it's there to be used for the OS and it is from what I know. Regarding the 8GB internal storage, it doesn't state that it will be used in a completely different fashion than anyone expected it to be. Let's put it this way -- if the WSJ, CNews, Gizmodo and Phone Arena were all fooled, there is a big problem here that lies with Verizon Wireless and HTC. But since VZW is actually selling the phone, they bore the responsibility to make it clear what they were selling to the average consumer. Someone had to know about this issue.

PS - to your edit. It doesn't say whether the internal memory would have 1MB or 3GB of unerasable bloatware or that they would partition it in such a fashion that 8GB becomes 4GB.

12. manilaboy1vic

manilaboy1vic Member

Ratings:
    +3
    i was thinking, 8GB like the INC, plus the SD card.. that is definately a marketing flaw of some sort.. isnt it?

Search tags for this page
meaning of 8 gb on board storage
on-board storage indicate
what does 32gb pre-installed 2gb onboard mean
what does 4 gig on board storage means
what does 8 gb on board storage mean

what does 8gb emmc mean

what does mean onboard storage
what does on board storage mean
what does on board storage mean?
what does the term onboard indicate with regard to the storage