memory usage

t1.8matt

Reaction score
How come when I go into the storage area in settings, it says app storage is only a little more than a gig with not many amps, but total internal storage is about 11 gigs? I never had this on my DROID 2, so does that mean I only have about a gig for amps and after that I have to start storing them on my sd card, which I'd rather not do?

spillner

Reaction score
The 16gigs of internal storage is divided into 2 gigs for app storage and 14 gigs for media storage. Some apps can be stored in the media area. You can also set your phone to store all media to an ext sd card if you have one.

OP
T

t1.8matt

Reaction score
Ok, but I only have an 8 gb. Card, and with the phones massive internal memory, I'd rather use that for storing apps. I mean, once the app storage is used up, does it switch over to storing more on the internal memory, and how do I know what apps can be saved to the internal memory? And how would I go about setting it so if I wanted to store all apps on the sd card? Any help on this issue would be great, its kind of confusing me coming from a fairly unconfusing DROID 2 when it comes to storage.

spillner

Reaction score
Go to manage apps and look at your downloaded apps and see which ones can be stored in the media area. Make sure you store all video and pictures on your SD card, that can be done in the camera app.

OP
T

t1.8matt

Reaction score
Ok, just one more question. On my camcorder program yesterday I was able to check the setting to record in 1080, I checked it again today and it doesn't even give me the 1080 option anymore. What's up with that?

OP
T

t1.8matt

Reaction score
Sorry, nevermind. The camcorder setting had to do with the data encryption settings for the phone storage.