8 gigs of on board storage....the more I think about this....

tc3

Reaction score
******************* That is straight false advertising , I don't remember seeing anywhere about only the 2. Whatever being usuable. If u advertise 8 gigs of storage then all 8 should be mine to store whatever I want.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

cpjr

Reaction score
Well, first off any advertised internal storage amount will be less due to the OS and such, its that way on any device you buy, phones, mp3 players, computers, etc, etc.

BUT.....

With that being said.....advertising 8 and only leaving 2 is BULL.

alboboy10

Reaction score
Reread it again. It says 8gb with 756 RAM and 32 preinstalled SD card.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

Thats all it says, It does not define what its for or how it's split up.

cpjr

Reaction score
This is true now...but initially the phone was advertised as having 8gb of internal storage memory.

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
This is true now...but initially the phone was advertised as having 8gb of internal storage memory.

i remember this as well.. if you had a D-INC, you were able to access the Internal Storage via a PC, you do not see this on the TB.

slinky

Reaction score
The rationalizing is ridiculous. The law requires common sense - that standards be used to allow consumers to make reasonable comparisons in the marketplace.

So what's next? A 4TB hard drive that actually only provides 2TB of storage space but you're not told that the hardware only allows for 2TB (less formatting) to be accessible? Everyone knows what happened here. The only question needing to be answered is "so what are they going to do about it?"

mitchb2

Reaction score
The only question needing to be answered is "so what are they going to do about it?"

Maybe you should organize a class-action lawsuit.:icon_rolleyes:

Geez, the things people come up with to complain about.

funkyb

Reaction score
The only question needing to be answered is "so what are they going to do about it?"

Maybe you should organize a class-action lawsuit.:icon_rolleyes:

Geez, the things people come up with to complain about.

That or just return the phone... A class action is laughable. What actual damages are you trying to recover, and when VZW offers to let you return the device, what is your argument for being owed something more?

Beardface

Reaction score

They don't define how they split it up!?!?!?

WTF could POSSIBLY take up 5GB in storage right out of the box? Either there is an issue with the software where it is not showing the correct amount of storage, or they completely 100% falsely advertised this device.

They are giving us less than half the advertised internal storage. Wouldn't be as much an issue if it were the microSD, but this is internal. We cannot change it.

This is like Motorola advertising dual core for the Bionic, and once you open the box, you realize its only single. Nowhere did they advertise any kind of decrease in storage.

sgtguthrie

Reaction score

They don't define how they split it up!?!?!?

WTF could POSSIBLY take up 5GB in storage right out of the box? Either there is an issue with the software where it is not showing the correct amount of storage, or they completely 100% falsely advertised this device.

They are giving us less than half the advertised internal storage. Wouldn't be as much an issue if it were the microSD, but this is internal. We cannot change it.

This is like Motorola advertising dual core for the Bionic, and once you open the box, you realize its only single. Nowhere did they advertise any kind of decrease in storage.

The internal storage is 8 gb, but to increase speed and reliability they formatted it kind of like a raid the way I understand it. This makes that 8 gb into around 4. I think there's around 2.5 available to the user.

Honestly though, I'd rather have the speed and reliability than more storage I won't use. How could you possibly fill all that? I've got all my apps installed (none to SD) and still have 2 gb left! Either way, it came with a 32 gb sdcard! I'd be upset too if it was like an iPhone or palm with no sd, but if 32 isn't enough you don't need a phone...you need a laptop!

sent via rooted THUNDERBOLT using Tapatalk

cpjr

Reaction score
^I agree I would rather have the speed and whatnot....but I still think its bull how they advertised it. And I dont use the phone storage anyways (aside from installed apps).

sgtguthrie

Reaction score
Also, calling it false advertising is unreasonable. That's like saying a 100 gb laptop should have 100 gb available for files, when we all know a good chunk of that is taken up by the OS. I don't see a difference...

sent via rooted THUNDERBOLT using Tapatalk

stonedoubt

Reaction score
wow... do you guys really think like that? The phone DOES have 8GB internal storage... that isn't false advertising. When you buy a windows PC that has a 320GB HDD and Windows 7 you will find that Windows takes up 5-15GB of space. The internal space on the Thunderbolt contains the OS and installed applications. I will agree that Verizon shouldn't be putting apps on the phone that you can't uninstall... however, to claim that it's false advertising that there is "only" 2GB of space left in internal storage is simply ridiculous.

This is a perfect example of why I decided to stop developing FREE apps... because of stupid users. Yep... I said it.