8 gigs of on board storage....the more I think about this....

cpjr

Reaction score
This has nothing to do with being a "fanboy". The FACT is that the phone is as advertised and you are claiming it is not.

I live about 25 miles north of Charlotte... so not that far from you. I haven't been to Atlanta yet with this phone... but here in the sticks I get solid 4G coverage:

1233606729.png

When I am not using data... like when I am watching TV or sleeping or whatever. I turn it off using the stock button bar that came with Sense. My battery will last almost 2 days using this method. Granted... I only use the phone for talking about 2-3 hours a day at most (it's actually my business phone).

I don't use any stupid updating widgets... there is no reason for it.

Maybe I just got lucky or something... I suspect that the great majority of issues that people have are from poor use (way too many apps installed and widgets galore... keeping data on all of the time, etc). I know this is how people do it because I have seen it first hand. Not to mention the fact that having 10 apps on the market for a year has taught me alot about how ignorant people really are. You should see how many people that have HTC EVO based phones that gave streaming radio apps 1 star ratings because the app wouldn't work EVEN WHEN the first thing in the description of the apps say that the Dec 15 update pushed by sprint broke streaming AND it's all over their support forum.

/rant

Dude, what are you talking about. I NEVER said anything about my 4G coverage AT ALL. Confused much? I get EXCELLENT battery life out of mine and I also use it for business and get excellent 4G coverage.

And I also NEVER stated the phone wasnt "as advertised", I simply stated the advertising was SHADY.

stonedoubt

Reaction score
This has nothing to do with being a "fanboy". The FACT is that the phone is as advertised and you are claiming it is not.

I live about 25 miles north of Charlotte... so not that far from you. I haven't been to Atlanta yet with this phone... but here in the sticks I get solid 4G coverage:

1233606729.png

When I am not using data... like when I am watching TV or sleeping or whatever. I turn it off using the stock button bar that came with Sense. My battery will last almost 2 days using this method. Granted... I only use the phone for talking about 2-3 hours a day at most (it's actually my business phone).

Maybe I just got lucky or something... I suspect that the great majority of issues that people have are from poor use (way too many apps installed and widgets galore... keeping data on all of the time, etc). I know this is how people do it because I have seen it first hand. Not to mention the fact that having 10 apps on the market for a year has taught me alot about how ignorant people really are. You should see how many people that have HTC EVO based phones that gave streaming radio apps 1 star ratings because the app wouldn't work EVEN WHEN the first thing in the description of the apps say that the Dec 15 update pushed by sprint broke streaming AND it's all over their support forum.

/rant

Dude, what are you talking about. I NEVER said anything about my 4G coverage AT ALL. Confused much? I get EXCELLENT battery life out of mine and I also use it for business and get excellent 4G coverage.

And I also NEVER stated the phone wasnt "as advertised", I simply stated the advertising was SHADY.

Well, I was addressing more than your complaint... plus you said you were done :) Other people complain about 4G coverage and battery life. One day I would like to come to this forum and find threads with tips and app recommendations instead of the constant whine fest.

cpjr

Reaction score

1233606729.png

/rant

Well, I was addressing more than your complaint... plus you said you were done :) Other people complain about 4G coverage and battery life. One day I would like to come to this forum and find threads with tips and app recommendations instead of the constant whine fest.

Then maybe you should get your facts straight....

You said ATLANTA in your post talking specifically about coverage....Im the only one in Atlanta in this discussion. What am I supposed to think your talking about.

I live about 25 miles north of Charlotte... so not that far from you. I haven't been to Atlanta yet with this phone... but here in the sticks I get solid 4G coverage

Beardface

Reaction score

I live about 25 miles north of Charlotte... so not that far from you. I haven't been to Atlanta yet with this phone... but here in the sticks I get solid 4G coverage
Ugh... You're lucky...

As you can see, I live about 3 hours East and get NOTHING. Hopefully soon, though... Hopefully soon...

I live in Raleigh a little less than halfway between downtown and Durham. Considering our coverage should stretch between all of Raleigh-Cary-Durham-Chapel Hill, I should be golden when 4G goes live. Can't wait til that day!

I am surprised that we have it here and you don't in Raleigh... maybe it's because of all the banking and stuff here.
Well its certainly not the banking, with BofA and Wachovia going down the crapper!

I keed, I keed....

Nah, its cause you have the Panthers, and Verizon signed a deal with the NFL to get 4G to all their locations first. But with us having the Research Triangle Park and all the regional HQs and big wigs they bring, I knew if we weren't getting it first, we were getting it very soon thereafter. From what I hear, we're getting it within the next couple months.

xan

Reaction score

or about 1/5 of what the 4G standard is supposed to be. :icon_evil:

Back to TB storage tomfoolery.
PC specs will have an Astrix next to the storage listing, clarifying what a GB is and that the OS and back up partition will take some of it.
If it had a raid stripe, like the TB apparently does, it would also state the stripes usable size.

stonedoubt

Reaction score
You said ATLANTA in your post talking specifically about coverage....Im the only one in Atlanta in this discussion. What am I supposed to think your talking about.

meh... I didn't say I wasn't addressing you at all... by chance are you a conservative?

cpjr

Reaction score

meh... I didn't say I wasn't addressing you at all... by chance are you a conservative?

Not at all.

Ok, I got an idea....I'll stop thinking your a tard if you stop thinking Im at tard and we'll start over on a good foot.

stonedoubt

Reaction score

Not at all.

Ok, I got an idea....I'll stop thinking your a tard if you stop thinking Im at tard and we'll start over on a good foot.

I don't think you are a "tard". :)

I am a programmer... by default that makes me think everyone else is not tech minded :)

cpjr

Reaction score

Not at all.

I don't think you are a "tard". :)

I am a programmer... by default that makes me think everyone else is not tech minded :)

Fair enough, I managed a NOC for awhile, I know how "you guys" are :icon_eek:

slinky

Reaction score
The only question needing to be answered is "so what are they going to do about it?"

Maybe you should organize a class-action lawsuit.:icon_rolleyes:

Geez, the things people come up with to complain about.

That or just return the phone... A class action is laughable. What actual damages are you trying to recover, and when VZW offers to let you return the device, what is your argument for being owed something more?
It's pretty simple. Money is money and time is money. If someone knew about this and this was an intentional act of deception, then they ought to pay for damages. What's so laughable about that? Is your time not worth anything and the cost of accessories? I spent many hours setting up the phone, dealing with Verizon and its 4G issues initially, etc.

The only thing laughable is someone who accepts being scammed. Innocent mutual mistakes are a whole other ball game. I'm sure some group of lawyers already has this in motion and I know of at least one firm.

slinky

Reaction score
Also, calling it false advertising is unreasonable. That's like saying a 100 gb laptop should have 100 gb available for files, when we all know a good chunk of that is taken up by the OS. I don't see a difference...
Not it's not. It's like saying a 100GB laptop which arrives being only 30GB user accessible and the "error" is not immediately recognizable.

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
am i the only that had a D-INC??

the internal storage was accessible.. via USB cable and a computer.. that is what HTC led us to believe we were getting.. am i alone thinking this??

slinky

Reaction score
Nowhere in any advertising does it say that you will have 8GB internal memory for whatever use you want... it purely says that the device has 8GB of internal memory... which is true. What part of that is hard to understand? And why exactly do you need that much storage anyway? How many freaking apps are you installing that you would need that much space? Ever heard of Apps2SD?

Logic, common sense and the law disagree with you. If a hard drive from your store says it has 1TB, with or without the message about formatting, does it say anywhere on the package that there is a user accessible amount? No. It's implied that, unless otherwise stated, the storage is there for your use. Reasonable disclosures that allow consumers to make reasonable comparisons between goods in the marketplace.

Imagine this -- manufacturers were able to sell hard drives and provide all sorts of gross capacity numbers but consumers couldn't find out what they really could use until they get home with any reasonable expectation. So Hitachi's 1TB hard drive only has 240MB of available space while Samsung's has 600MB of space and WD's has 450 MB.

slinky

Reaction score
am i the only that had a D-INC??

the internal storage was accessible.. via USB cable and a computer.. that is what HTC led us to believe we were getting.. am i alone thinking this??

Bingo. Of course not. That's the prime example. I had an Incredible too. Even the Verizon employees here told me that there is 8GB of user accessible storage less formatting. No, you're in the majority.