8 gigs of on board storage....the more I think about this....

Discussion in 'HTC ThunderBolt' started by tc3, Apr 13, 2011.

1. stonedoubt

stonedoubt Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This has nothing to do with being a "fanboy". The FACT is that the phone is as advertised and you are claiming it is not.

I live about 25 miles north of Charlotte... so not that far from you. I haven't been to Atlanta yet with this phone... but here in the sticks I get solid 4G coverage:

[​IMG]

When I am not using data... like when I am watching TV or sleeping or whatever. I turn it off using the stock button bar that came with Sense. My battery will last almost 2 days using this method. Granted... I only use the phone for talking about 2-3 hours a day at most (it's actually my business phone).

I don't use any stupid updating widgets... there is no reason for it.

Maybe I just got lucky or something... I suspect that the great majority of issues that people have are from poor use (way too many apps installed and widgets galore... keeping data on all of the time, etc). I know this is how people do it because I have seen it first hand. Not to mention the fact that having 10 apps on the market for a year has taught me alot about how ignorant people really are. You should see how many people that have HTC EVO based phones that gave streaming radio apps 1 star ratings because the app wouldn't work EVEN WHEN the first thing in the description of the apps say that the Dec 15 update pushed by sprint broke streaming AND it's all over their support forum.

/rant

2. xan

xan Member

Ratings:
    +0
    they should start saying it comes with a 2500mah battery...but secretly only let you use 500mah of it before having to charge it again!

or give consumers a 4.3" screen that you can only view 1" of at a time....

3. stonedoubt

stonedoubt Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Here... just took this test 5 seconds ago

[​IMG]

4. Beardface

Beardface Active Member

Ratings:
    +117
    Ugh... You're lucky...

As you can see, I live about 3 hours East and get NOTHING. Hopefully soon, though... Hopefully soon...

I live in Raleigh a little less than halfway between downtown and Durham. Considering our coverage should stretch between all of Raleigh-Cary-Durham-Chapel Hill, I should be golden when 4G goes live. Can't wait til that day!

5. stonedoubt

stonedoubt Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am surprised that we have it here and you don't in Raleigh... maybe it's because of all the banking and stuff here.

6. stonedoubt

stonedoubt Member

Ratings:
    +0
  7. cpjr

cpjr Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Dude, what are you talking about. I NEVER said anything about my 4G coverage AT ALL. Confused much? I get EXCELLENT battery life out of mine and I also use it for business and get excellent 4G coverage.

And I also NEVER stated the phone wasnt "as advertised", I simply stated the advertising was SHADY.

8. stonedoubt

stonedoubt Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I was addressing more than your complaint... plus you said you were done :) Other people complain about 4G coverage and battery life. One day I would like to come to this forum and find threads with tips and app recommendations instead of the constant whine fest.

9. cpjr

cpjr Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Then maybe you should get your facts straight....

You said ATLANTA in your post talking specifically about coverage....Im the only one in Atlanta in this discussion. What am I supposed to think your talking about.

10. Beardface

Beardface Active Member

Ratings:
    +117
    Well its certainly not the banking, with BofA and Wachovia going down the crapper!

I keed, I keed....

Nah, its cause you have the Panthers, and Verizon signed a deal with the NFL to get 4G to all their locations first. But with us having the Research Triangle Park and all the regional HQs and big wigs they bring, I knew if we weren't getting it first, we were getting it very soon thereafter. From what I hear, we're getting it within the next couple months.

11. xan

xan Member

Ratings:
    +0
    or about 1/5 of what the 4G standard is supposed to be. :icon_evil:

Back to TB storage tomfoolery.
    PC specs will have an Astrix next to the storage listing, clarifying what a GB is and that the OS and back up partition will take some of it.
    If it had a raid stripe, like the TB apparently does, it would also state the stripes usable size.

12. stonedoubt

stonedoubt Member

Ratings:
    +0
    meh... I didn't say I wasn't addressing you at all... by chance are you a conservative?

Search tags for this page
meaning of 8 gb on board storage
on-board storage indicate
what does 32gb pre-installed 2gb onboard mean
what does 4 gig on board storage means
what does 8 gb on board storage mean

what does 8gb emmc mean

what does mean onboard storage
what does on board storage mean
what does on board storage mean?
what does the term onboard indicate with regard to the storage