[KERNEL] 6.16.214 Ics Upgrade Leak (To Be Installed From 211 Ics)

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Akiles, yes you have it correct that 6.7mb file placed on your ext-Sd card will get you to .214 when applied through recovery.

From what Matt has said there have been many people that have still been able to root using the method of a different boot image, however I tried twice and it did not work for me.

I just flashed my phone back to .211 and rooted again, not sure where I am going to go from here. That .214 was an improvement so I might just go ahead and flash it again and wait for an alternate method to root it.

akiles

Reaction score
If it helps anyone ---

I flashed back to 6.14.84-6.16.211 by using Matt's 1.7 utility, option 2, fastboot mode.
Wiped data, cache, etc.
1st attempt to load moto recovery failed (as always has for me???)
Installed *.211 using moto recovery.
Installed *.214 update using moto recovery.
Rooted with 1.7 utility, using option 3.

I got root... installed ES file explorer from sdcard backup, selected the root option and superuser came back. I guess I'm golden for now...

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
You installed the .214 update zip through Moto recovery and still rooted using the 1.7 utility? Did you do it straight up or did you change the boot.img back to .85 and then root then go back to .214 boot.img.

akiles

Reaction score
Yep, I was going to pm you to suggest you did that. Just installed safestrap to try the arctic rom... so I know I got root.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I might install the .214 again and give it another shot, thanks.

Hooks405

Reaction score
I might install the .214 again and give it another shot, thanks.

Just to make sure i dont mess anything up, if i downloaded the razr update provided in the op and since im on stock .211 i can just flash using moto recovery?

lvm1275

Reaction score
I updated to. 214 using your leak utility. I never lost root. Checked it with root explorer and was able to do as I wanted... I did however lose wifi tether. Already had it installed, just wiped as stated, went in and made sure I was generic ICS, auto, chan 11, wifi driver reload checked, lan at 192.168.2.0/24 & routing fix enabled. I can see the wifi tether, but cannot connect. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Just to make sure i dont mess anything up, if i downloaded the razr update provided in the op and since im on stock .211 i can just flash using moto recovery?

Yes that is all you need to do.

Hooks405

Reaction score
Yes that is all you need to do.
Got the update Installed on my razr, I was having a huge batter issue with 211. I'm testing battery life now with .211 Android OS was using 75-85% full stock with no apps downloaded, i even tried freezing all stock apps i could and still had the issue with no apps downloaded from market. The battery on .211 would die within 3-4 hours with the screen off, so i've charged to 100% to reset battery stats and am going to keep an eye on it for the next couple of hours ill give an update when i can

Hooks405

Reaction score
Got the update Installed on my razr, I was having a huge batter issue with 211. I'm testing battery life now with .211 Android OS was using 75-85% full stock with no apps downloaded, i even tried freezing all stock apps i could and still had the issue with no apps downloaded from market. The battery on .211 would die within 3-4 hours with the screen off, so i've charged to 100% to reset battery stats and am going to keep an eye on it for the next couple of hours ill give an update when i can
been running the .214 leak for about 1 Hour just checked the battery stats and android os was using 90% of battery life but was still at 90% charge, with the screen being off the whole hour, will probably run for a day or so before trying the .215 leak that apparently undoes the changes. These apps have been running since i booted the system: Homescreen, Modem Stat Service, Backup assistant, preset, media, Motorola Input settings (clicked setting from running apps menu and voice typing was selected, So i deselected it and keeping an eye on it from here)
View attachment 52449View attachment 52450

Last edited:

akiles

Reaction score
Tethering works with native bluetooth, however i never clocked over 1.4mbps, even with lte. FoxFi worked nice, and clocked lte speeds. I have the horspot app disabled but still got the notification on the status bar.
I updated to. 214 using your leak utility. I never lost root. Checked it with root explorer and was able to do as I wanted... I did however lose wifi tether. Already had it installed, just wiped as stated, went in and made sure I was generic ICS, auto, chan 11, wifi driver reload checked, lan at 192.168.2.0/24 & routing fix enabled. I can see the wifi tether, but cannot connect. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

dmoore

Reaction score
dumb question but is the 214 option in the 1.7 utility ,I have it downloaded on sd but cant get it to flash ,thanks in advance

rotordroid

Reaction score

I found this true on my phone also. However FoxFi and the "entitlement" exploit for Mobile Hotspot both work on 214