5.9.905, anyone? Pulled from Cheesecake server for your pleasure!

striker85

Reaction score
sargentmajord said:
The only time u will not receive an ota is if u have uninstalled bloat ware or u are on an unoffical leaked update or have messed with the buildprop file meaning any significant changes to the system rooting doesnt do that

That includes forever root as done by motofail and others that employ the chmod?

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
striker85 said:
That includes forever root as done by motofail and others that employ the chmod?

Correct the updates dont verify if the phone is rooted just the system to see if it matches a stock 5.5.9xx system

Tonik

Reaction score
striker85 said:
So if I understand this correctly, if I have a stock Bionic on .902 and am only rooted (no roms or bloat frozen) then I will still not be able to receive an OTA? I need to unroot (however I choose to) in order to get the OTA?

No, you do not need to unroot. You will be fine.

budpaul

Reaction score
In everyone happy with 905? Am on 904 atm and debating flashing back to 902 to upgrade to 905....

Tominnh

Reaction score
Damn so I have to drop back to 902 to get the phone to install 905?

Tominnh

Reaction score
Am not rooted and on 904 tried the link for 905 but the install keeps failing

Tonik

Reaction score
Am not rooted and on 904 tried the link for 905 but the install keeps failing

You will need to get it back to 902 if you want 905. All the Moto updates work that way...they look for the current released version (902) and if it isn't there they won't work. If I where you I would hold back and see what they release as a final. I can't imagine it will be much longer. If it is 904 you are already done, but if you go back to 902 and then add 905 and they make it 904...or 906 you will have to go back to 902 again. If you don't mind maybe having to do it a couple of times then go for it. I speak from experience with the first update for this phone. I guessed wrong and had to flash back to stock several times. It worked out fine, but was annoying.

Tonik

Reaction score
Tominnh said:
Thanks maybe I'll sleep on it lol

Haha, yea no hurry. And don't worry about it. The path back is easy now. Not like the old days and the first update. We had to jump through some hoops to fix ourselves on that one.

timmy10shoes

Reaction score
So if I download and place the second XML in the fxz file I won't lose any data it will retain my system like I did an ota update. Also where do you put the file in the fxz.
Yes, if your on stock. Just place the xml in the folder with the 902 images. run the eye_dea xml instead of the original.

Last edited:

johnlgalt

Reaction score
On .904 rooted w/ safestrap for ICS4BIONIC nee CM9 SelfKang. I've switched to unsafe system, and am about to FXZ using the modified XML (probably eye-dea's even though I did not have a lot of data for stock, still, would be nice to have what little I do have there intact) to revert to .902.

Is the best way to do this to just add the .XML into the FXZ file directly, or to extract it and replace it in the extracted folder?

(And I sure wish I had known about this modified XML when safestrap crapped out on me and I had to FXZ back to stock - and lost all internal data lol)

Thanks Timmy, Sarge, and everyone else....