5.5.5.893 FXZ .901/.902 compatible and.902 update

sleeper69

Reaction score
Ok lets try this flash the .893 fxz over the .886 then lets try the new root method on that cuz lol were jumping through hoops just to get i root if this fails u may have to use pathsaver cuz something is telling ur phone that ur system isnt correct weather u have flashed a leaked update or a rollback script has failed in the past so first lets flash. 893 try the new root go from there

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

on 893 like you said but wont root. i will hit u up tomorrow to try and figure this bugger out . Thank you

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
on 893 like you said but wont root. i will hit u up tomorrow to try and figure this bugger out . Thank you

Ok ill do some work on my end to

HavoC

Reaction score
I just wanted to say THANK YOU for this sargentmajord, I managed to brick my phone today after successfully upgrading to .902 yesterday. I was attempting to install the latest ICS4BIONIC Alpha, and I booted into it fine immediately after flashing, but I had to bootstrap back into recovery to install the GApps.zip, and after I completed that, the phone wouldn't boot past the Motorola logo. I'm not sure exactly what went wrong and where, but every FXZ I tried to flash in RSD Lite failed at some point or another (I tried a variety of .893 and .886 FXZs), except for yours (at the bottom of your OP). I just got done getting back to stock .902 and can now restore my nandroid of .902 that I made last night. This time I will definitely be trying the ICS4BIONIC Alpha in Safestrap, don't know why I didn't the first time like I did with all the other alphas up to this point (probably over excited about it having 3G/LTE this time). Anyways, thanks again this post has officially eliminated my headache lol.

P.S.

For those going from .886 to .893, if you flash the .893 .zip in stock recovery don't forget to have replaced the CDT like the OP says to. If you do forget (like me), here's a quick workaround that won't require you to start everything over:

If you just installed the .893 in stock recovery, and upon rebooting your phone gives you the black and white screen saying something like "flash failure" and/or "CDT Failure", download this file:

FixCDT.zip

Then:

1. Extract the zip file you just downloaded (somewhere visible and easily accessible to you)
2. Plug your phone into your PC using your USB cable (with the black and white screen of error messages still showing)
3. Run the "FixCDT.bat" file you just extracted from the zip file in Step 1 - I think it asks you to hit enter or something once and only takes a couple of seconds to complete.
4. When it is done, power down your phone and power it back on. You should be good to go :biggrin:

I take no credit for the creation of this helpful .zip file, I downloaded it earlier today and honestly can't remember what post I grabbed it from. Thank you to the creator, I will update this post when I figure out who you are lol.

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to say THANK YOU for this sargentmajord, I managed to brick my phone today after successfully upgrading to .902 yesterday. I was attempting to install the latest ICS4BIONIC Alpha, and I booted into it fine immediately after flashing, but I had to bootstrap back into recovery to install the GApps.zip, and after I completed that, the phone wouldn't boot past the Motorola logo. I'm not sure exactly what went wrong and where, but every FXZ I tried to flash in RSD Lite failed at some point or another (I tried a variety of .893 and .886 FXZs), except for yours (at the bottom of your OP). I just got done getting back to stock .902 and can now restore my nandroid of .902 that I made last night. This time I will definitely be trying the ICS4BIONIC Alpha in Safestrap, don't know why I didn't the first time like I did with all the other alphas up to this point (probably over excited about it having 3G/LTE this time). Anyways, thanks again this post has officially eliminated my headache lol.

P.S.

For those going from .886 to .893, if you flash the .893 .zip in stock recovery don't forget to have replaced the CDT like the OP says to. If you do forget (like me), here's a quick workaround that won't require you to start everything over:

If you just installed the .893 in stock recovery, and upon rebooting your phone gives you the black and white screen saying something like "flash failure" and/or "CDT Failure", download this file:

FixCDT.zip

Then:

1. Extract the zip file you just downloaded (somewhere visible and easily accessible to you)
2. Plug your phone into your PC using your USB cable (with the black and white screen of error messages still showing)
3. Run the "FixCDT.bat" file you just extracted from the zip file in Step 1 - I think it asks you to hit enter or something once and only takes a couple of seconds to complete.
4. When it is done, power down your phone and power it back on. You should be good to go :biggrin:

I take no credit for the creation of this helpful .zip file, I downloaded it earlier today and honestly can't remember what post I grabbed it from. Thank you to the creator, I will update this post when I figure out who you are lol.

Hey if u dont mind i am going to post this in the op so its easier to find an u are more than welcome lol now all i have to do is figure out whats going on with sleeper69's phone we cant get it to root to save our lives lmao

HavoC

Reaction score
Hey if u dont mind i am going to post this in the op so its easier to find an u are more than welcome lol now all i have to do is figure out whats going on with sleeper69's phone we cant get it to root to save our lives lmao

haha yeah thats perfectly fine with me, I'll check my files and see if I have something different to try for rooting. I didn't root/forever root until I got back to .893 if that makes any difference lol.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
haha yeah thats perfectly fine with me, I'll check my files and see if I have something different to try for rooting. I didn't root/forever root until I got back to .893 if that makes any difference lol.

Thanks an for some reason all of my root tools work on everyone elses phone except sleeper69's phone an it really weird its like he has a different kind of bionic model lmao

HavoC

Reaction score
Thanks an for some reason all of my root tools work on everyone elses phone except sleeper69's phone an it really weird its like he has a different kind of bionic model lmao

lol yeah that is weird, I just checked my stuff, I used tehroot which you have in the OP already and it worked flawlessly for me.

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
lol yeah that is weird, I just checked my stuff, I used tehroot which you have in the OP already and it worked flawlessly for me.

If we revert him back to .886 we can get him root but he cant update he gets a signature verification error every time but when we put him on .893 he can update just fine but the rooting process stops at damon started successfully an doesnt continue

sleeper69

Reaction score
Whoo whooo DONE the cdt fix file was the cure. I am on 902 with root. Thank you all for you support and patience.

teknotronik

Reaction score
Need some help

Last night I got the 902 notification I had the 893 build (what ever the last official build was before 902) and I backed up everything with a nandroid backup as well as a full MyBackup Pro. I unfroze all my apps and it appeared to be stuck at the "M" screen and I booted tried clearing the cache, than wiping data / cache. Stuck at that screen. Now I need to find out how I can charge my battery before I begin. Can someone walk me throught this. It is screwed up, I unfroze my apps before the update to prevent problems figuring if anything I would loose root. Please help! Thanks!

Edit: From Fastboot is there a way to charge?

Last edited:

marsha12151

Reaction score
this is the greatest compilation of files and instructions for rooting/updating a Bionic I have seen.

I searched all over the internet and found a piece here and a piece there. Then tried combinations to make it happen. The magic fizzled every time. I ended up bricked numerous times.

This process should be stickied and then stickied from every other bionic forum.

Thank you so much for this work

Marsha

libertus77

Reaction score
Sargentmajord, you're my hero! Boot looped my phone after 902 update.
Thanks!

Sent from my NookColor (CM9 Unofficial) using Tapatalk

welsalex

Reaction score
So if I'm reading this right, because I used the Bionic Path Saver I must use the 5.5.886 FXZ thats linked in the last paragraph (where is says UPDATE). U cannot use 5.5.893 correct??