5.5.5.893 FXZ .901/.902 compatible and.902 update

matthelm007

Reaction score
I made it. Thanks a bunch for all the help. Sure hope it helps with my issues!!! (Now if I could just get VNC working!)

WolfBrother

Reaction score
All the way at the end.... Trying to get to
. 902. When I go into recovery to do it. It is not verifying the update.

I sadly won't be back on until tomorrow afternoon...

So I will update with more info then.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
ok back to being rooted. I downloaded 893 where do i find it on the sdcard which folder? so i can replace the cdt file
use file explorer it will be in ur cache on ur internal sdcard an once u extract the zip file the cdt file that u need to replace will be in the zip just copy an paste it will ask if u want to over write existing an say yes

Last edited:

sleeper69

Reaction score
ugh so close ... ok i have root downloaded the 893 found it in cache using root explorer extraccted it replaced the cdt file zipped it back and moved it back to cache , tried the update it rebooted phone acted like it was going then restarted the phone and says The software update failed. i still have root on 886. any thoughts did i replace the cdt wrong or something?

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
ugh so close ... ok i have root downloaded the 893 found it in cache using root explorer extraccted it replaced the cdt file zipped it back and moved it back to cache , tried the update it rebooted phone acted like it was going then restarted the phone and says The software update failed. i still have root on 886. any thoughts did i replace the cdt wrong or something?

Sideload it dont put it back in cache

sleeper69

Reaction score
hmm ok i replaced the cdt file moved it to sd ext , booted into stock recovery went to apply 5.5.886 andsignature verification failed?

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
hmm ok i replaced the cdt file moved it to sd ext , booted into stock recovery went to apply 5.5.886 andsignature verification failed?

U have a corrupt update meaning it didnt do a complete download same thing happend to me with the update lol damn data drops

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
redownloded andtrying again

An if it fails again i may have given u the wrong cdt if so lol i should of thought of this lmao pull the cdt from the. 886 fxz file an replace the update cdt with it

sleeper69

Reaction score
redownloded and pulled the cdt from the fxz file but still gives me e: sig verification failed

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
redownloded and pulled the cdt from the fxz file but still gives me e: sig verification failed

Ok lets try this flash the .893 fxz over the .886 then lets try the new root method on that cuz lol were jumping through hoops just to get i root if this fails u may have to use pathsaver cuz something is telling ur phone that ur system isnt correct weather u have flashed a leaked update or a rollback script has failed in the past so first lets flash. 893 try the new root go from there