5.5.5.893 FXZ .901/.902 compatible and.902 update

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
was running leaked 901 manual flashed in stock recovey for last month . Was running stock no rom just deleted bloat i didnt want on there.
used rsd to flash the NEWVRZ_XT875_5.5.893.XT875.Verizon.en.US_CFC_01.xml it said finished , I closed rsd signed into google account got to home screen went checked makesure debug was on and charge only on yes and yes. went to exploit to root phone its starts daemon then just sits there and acts like its looking for the phone.
I tried dhacker R3l3AS3DRoot_V2_Windows to maybe root or reset but that lead to soft brick.
So have reran esd and your file but just doesnt want to root.

Dhackers root an restore script is incompatible with my fxz file so pretty much what happend was i tried to restore it back to .886 over my fxz file them it bricked then u reflashed my fxz over the brick so lol so u flashed one incompatibility over another

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

matthelm007

Reaction score
Tryied the 893-> 902 and get the following error:

Assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/app/Preloaded.apk", ...

and then a crap load of numbers. any suggestions on what to do now???

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
Tryied the 893-> 902 and get the following error:

Assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/app/Preloaded.apk", ...

and then a crap load of numbers. any suggestions on what to do now???

Ok first i need to know all the steps that u did prior to applying the update

apoptosis

Reaction score
U have to use stock recovery when applying updates

Boy do I have egg on my face. That would of saved me ~4 hours. I had never used "stock recovery" before. Thank you for your help.

brent.murray

Reaction score
ok wipe everything FDR/dalvik/cache everything the reflash the phone after phone is done flashing an rebooted go through the set up process then do the rooting method there is most likely a fault in the system so we need to wipe the phone as clean as snow an then get it up an running like u just bought it then try updating lol for some reason when u wipe the phone bare then redo the steps it fixes some of the weird erros ill post in the op this step

ok... *sigh* I wiped the phone, cache/dalvik/FDR, rebooted, went through the setup process, re-rooted. Tried to apply the update and got the same exact error message. :mad: :frown: About to give up. I'm soo sorry for all this mess buddy. lol

Last edited:

matthelm007

Reaction score
Ok first i need to know all the steps that u did prior to applying the update

Did not do all the steps, tried a shortcut, as it was late.

I'm trying to go from 5.5.893.... to 902. My phone sucks on 893. :mad: I was part of the soak test, but that patch didn't work, and silly me, didn't back up the patch before doing a factory reset, and after the reset, I couldn't get to the patch anymore. Truly aggravating!!!

OK, all I did was a factory reset, then tried to load your 893 -> 902 patch. (was busy last night) I am rooted. I had to use the rot893(???) rooter, then all was working until this patch. Unless you tell me different, I think I'm going to try and go thru your whole process for the 893 -> 902 patch, instead of just the patch, just didn't have time last night. If you need more info, just yell.

Thank you VERY (x1000) much for the help, and sorry for the trouble.

NickSaul

Reaction score
I can confirm that this works. My Bionic was stuck in fastboot and wouldn't even boot up. Flashing the image in the OP fixed it right up.

At first I thought I was in trouble, because I couldn't apply the 1-click root. The rooting process was just stuck at "daemon started successfully." But then I remembered that I didn't enable USB Debugging in the Development menu. Remember to do that.

As for .902, I haven't noticed too much of a difference from .901, but I did notice that it connects to wifi much faster.

I'm also running Eclipse v2.1 over top of the .902 update. Works great.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Prime

themistah

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me ....flashed it anyway and im on 902 now.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I want to attempt getting to 902 but when downloading the 902 file from the op, the file name says 893, not 902. Is this the correct 902 file?

Same thing happened to me ....flashed it anyway and im on 902 now.

The updates are named by where they're coming from, not what they're going to. I know it's confusing, but it's a way to make sure you use the correct update.

For example, if you're currently on 5.5.893 and you want to go to .902 you'd use Blur_Version.5.5.893.XT875.Verizon.en.US.zip (Warning, the update that'll take you to .901 has the same name, unfortunately), and if you're at 5.9.901 you'd use Blur_Version.5.9.901.XT875.Verizon.en.US.zip to get to 5.9.902. In theory, the next update (if there is one) will be Blur_Version.5.9.902.XT875.Verizon.en.US.zip.

Last edited:

sleeper69

Reaction score
step 7. I aslo deleted the driver files in the script since they are out dated so select option 3 when it asks you to install the drivers)

Step 8 reboot into recovery an and apply the .902 update that you downloaded an moved to your sdcard (or if you have rolled back to .886 an wish to update just do a regular update .886-->.893-->.902)an then tada your done

when you say regular update do you mean like going to about phone and check for updaate?

I got rolled back to 886 and was able to root and foever root now not sure how to proceed

pdchemist15

Reaction score
Well this worked for me with some guidance and updated tehroot file... One thing is I had to run the sdlite in xp compatibility mode.

Thanks sargantmajord for your guidance!!