5.5.5.893 FXZ .901/.902 compatible and.902 update

brent.murray

Reaction score
I placed the update file in the sd card, began to update it in recovery mode ang got the following :

"Assert Failed: (looong code)
E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.Zip
Installation aborted. "

From there I tried wiping the cache (bc I didn't wipe anything prior) and I tried again with the same result.

Any ideas?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks not sure if i need to wipe something or what
ok wipe everything FDR/dalvik/cache everything the reflash the phone after phone is done flashing an rebooted go through the set up process then do the rooting method there is most likely a fault in the system so we need to wipe the phone as clean as snow an then get it up an running like u just bought it then try rooting it

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
I placed the update file in the sd card, began to update it in recovery mode ang got the following :

"Assert Failed: (looong code)
E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.Zip
Installation aborted. "

From there I tried wiping the cache (bc I didn't wipe anything prior) and I tried again with the same result.

Any ideas?

ok wipe everything FDR/dalvik/cache everything the reflash the phone after phone is done flashing an rebooted go through the set up process then do the rooting method there is most likely a fault in the system so we need to wipe the phone as clean as snow an then get it up an running like u just bought it then try updating lol for some reason when u wipe the phone bare then redo the steps it fixes some of the weird erros ill post in the op this step

sleeper69

Reaction score
ok wipe everything FDR/dalvik/cache everything the reflash the phone after phone is done flashing an rebooted go through the set up process then do the rooting method there is most likely a fault in the system so we need to wipe the phone as clean as snow an then get it up an running like u just bought it then try rooting it

Will do

broxstodavis

Reaction score
Thanks alot. I thought maybe that might do the trick. I'll be trying after dinner! I'll let ya know, thanks alot in advance.

Notta. Didn't work, I'm getting the same issue so far....I'll let you know if it changes, but I dont think it's going to.

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
Notta. Didn't work, I'm getting the same issue so far....I'll let you know if it changes, but I dont think it's going to.
ok ill create a 5.5.886 fxz file for u this weekend it should be up sunday night if all goes well

broxstodavis

Reaction score
Okay, that's fine. No rush, i appreciate it though. I might just stick with 3G, and hope, (dare I say it)....ICS fixes this ha.

apoptosis

Reaction score
I have tried these steps 3 times. Including wiping everything then start flashing. Everytime I get to applying the 902 update from recovery and it fails during an "assert" that my properties say its a "targa" phone. Any ideas?

Exact Error:

ClockworkMod Recovery v5.0.2.5

-- Install from sdcard...
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Installing update...
assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "cdma_targa" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "cdma_targa"
E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

Last edited:

sleeper69

Reaction score

Same here wiped cache , fdr reflashed in rsd boots to 893 signed into google account debug is on charge only on go to apply exploit and it just sets at daemon started successfully acts like its looking for the phone.

Last edited:
OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have tried these steps 3 times. Including wiping everything then start flashing. Everytime I get to applying the 902 update from recovery and it fails during an "assert" that my properties say its a "targa" phone. Any ideas?

Exact Error:

ClockworkMod Recovery v5.0.2.5

-- Install from sdcard...
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Installing update...
assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "cdma_targa" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "cdma_targa"
E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

U have to use stock recovery when applying updates

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
Same here wiped cache , fdr reflashed in rsd boots to 893 signed into google account debug is on charge only on go to apply exploit and it just sets at daemon started successfully acts like its looking for the phone.

Ok i am going to have to do some more research can u please tell me everything u have done to the phone prior to flashing the fxz ex. Leaked updates,roms ect.

sleeper69

Reaction score
Ok i am going to have to do some more research can u please tell me everything u have done to the phone prior to flashing the fxz ex. Leaked updates,roms ect.

was running leaked 901 manual flashed in stock recovey for last month . Was running stock no rom just deleted bloat i didnt want on there.
used rsd to flash the NEWVRZ_XT875_5.5.893.XT875.Verizon.en.US_CFC_01.xml it said finished , I closed rsd signed into google account got to home screen went checked makesure debug was on and charge only on yes and yes. went to exploit to root phone its starts daemon then just sits there and acts like its looking for the phone.
I tried dhacker R3l3AS3DRoot_V2_Windows to maybe root or reset but that lead to soft brick.
So have reran esd and your file but just doesnt want to root.

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
was running leaked 901 manual flashed in stock recovey for last month . Was running stock no rom just deleted bloat i didnt want on there.
used rsd to flash the NEWVRZ_XT875_5.5.893.XT875.Verizon.en.US_CFC_01.xml it said finished , I closed rsd signed into google account got to home screen went checked makesure debug was on and charge only on yes and yes. went to exploit to root phone its starts daemon then just sits there and acts like its looking for the phone.
I tried dhacker R3l3AS3DRoot_V2_Windows to maybe root or reset but that lead to soft brick.
So have reran esd and your file but just doesnt want to root.

Ok ill be creating a fxz 5.5.886 thats compatible with 5.5.893/901/902 an ill get a rooting method for it but i wont have it finished till at the latest sunday night will be able to wait till then cuz for some reason root has been blocked on ur phone which should not have happend

sleeper69

Reaction score
Ok ill be creating a fxz 5.5.886 thats compatible with 5.5.893/901/902 an ill get a rooting method for it but i wont have it finished till at the latest sunday night will be able to wait till then cuz for some reason root has been blocked on ur phone which should not have happend

Sounds good . Thanks for your time