4G not connected

ck3jr

Reaction score
Today I ran into a 4g problem that I cant seem to figure out. I have the 4g logo on the phone but its not blue therefore not internet for me all day. I have tried rebooting the phone, took the sim card out to reset and now thinking of data reset... Just rooted about 5 days ago and had no problems with anything untill today. Also no outages in the area, already check with Verizon on that. Would going back to factory ICS help, unroot? If so how do I do that?

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Today I ran into a 4g problem that I cant seem to figure out. I have the 4g logo on the phone but its not blue therefore not internet for me all day. I have tried rebooting the phone, took the sim card out to reset and now thinking of data reset... Just rooted about 5 days ago and had no problems with anything untill today. Also no outages in the area, already check with Verizon on that. Would going back to factory ICS help, unroot? If so how do I do that?
Before you do that check to see if you have data disabled (menu>settings>data usage "more...">mobile networks>data enabled checked. The white/gray 4g logo means that you have lost mobile connectivity to the google servers/data. You will be able to receive calls and text, but you have not data connection.

OP
ck3jr

ck3jr

Reaction score
Had to revert back to stock ICS so I could send the phone back to verizon, never could figure out what happened... I have received my new razr maxx and want to now if I should root again or just stay stock, I hate to have the smae issue again. i not real sure if a app caused the issue or rooting the phone did or none of the above just a deffect in the razr.

What should I do? Any suggestions?

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Had to revert back to stock ICS so I could send the phone back to verizon, never could figure out what happened... I have received my new razr maxx and want to now if I should root again or just stay stock, I hate to have the smae issue again. i not real sure if a app caused the issue or rooting the phone did or none of the above just a deffect in the razr.

What should I do? Any suggestions?
Glad you got your new Razr. Simply rooting your phone will not cause problems, that's not to say that installing an app that requires root to run won't cause a problem, or if freezing apps that shouldn't be frozen won't cause a problem. Simply speaking, it is what you do after root that will either cause a problem or won't cause a problem. Most users get into trouble removing, deleting or freezing apps that the OS/system needs to properly function, or flashing ROMs incorrectly and then trying to recover from their mistake...unsuccessfully. If you don't feel comfortable rooting your new Razr then don't. The Razr is a great phone and unlike smarthphones of the the past most users see little need to root it to save memory or to personalize their phone. Do what is comfortable for you.

OP
ck3jr

ck3jr

Reaction score
Glad you got your new Razr. Simply rooting your phone will not cause problems, that's not to say that installing an app that requires root to run won't cause a problem, or if freezing apps that shouldn't be frozen won't cause a problem. Simply speaking, it is what you do after root that will either cause a problem or won't cause a problem. Most users get into trouble removing, deleting or freezing apps that the OS/system needs to properly function, or flashing ROMs incorrectly and then trying to recover from their mistake...unsuccessfully. If you don't feel comfortable rooting your new Razr then don't. The Razr is a great phone and unlike smarthphones of the the past most users see little need to root it to save memory or to personalize their phone. Do what is comfortable for you.

I know after I rooted my phone I used Ti backup to uninstall some verizon apps, could that have caused my issue? If so when I flashed back to stock with utility 1.8 should it have put it back the way it was out of the box with 4g working normal? I like having root for some apps to work like Ti backup and others but if it will cause problems like what I had its not worth having to send a phone back all the time.... Really I think my 4g sim card went out or something else happened in the phone itself..