Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1303656567799.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1303656567799.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 293
OP
qwiktune

qwiktune

Reaction score
I would say root an update but it won't do the trick anymore. Just root. If you do you can get something like this. No Bing. OK battery life. And some jealous freinds...

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

My current plan of action is to find a new one on craigslist or somewhere, buy it then sell this one for the same price so I can just even swap. This phone works perfectly fine, the 3G just drops randomly here and there and I cant have this happening. Yeah I dont think root will fix it, i think Froyo did some kinda Hardware damage [some how, cuz its the only thing i did and it stopped working afterwards the update]. Hard reset and reverting back to 2.1 didnt solve it so i'm sure its a no win battle at this point. I'd root, but being im going to sell, im just gonna work with how it is [using Wifi i guess] until i can make the swap

smilepak

Reaction score
same here...ED01 sucks..EC01 sucks...EB01 sucks...

they all causes 3G to lose connection

OP
qwiktune

qwiktune

Reaction score

My 3G was working fine on 2.1 [DL09] then I updated it with the OTA [i believe was ED01] and it just kept disappearing every time I when to run an app or browser or something. It would show it in "D" [dormant] mode when i wasn't transferring data, then as soon as i wanted to, it would just disappear and a minute later come back to let me use it, unless i waited to long and it went back into "D" mode then this disappearing act repeated. So I flashed my phone back to DL09 since everything was fine on 2.1, but its still doing it, which leads me to believe that damn OTA Froyo did something internally to my phone that can't be reversed...like i said Verizon techs had no idea what was going on. I'm not in warranty or anything so i'm going to just get a new one from someone and sell this one. Gonna get one still on 2.1 and just never update it cuz I dont want this issue happening again

Mcbrocker

Reaction score

My 3G was working fine on 2.1 [DL09] then I updated it with the OTA [i believe was ED01] and it just kept disappearing every time I when to run an app or browser or something. It would show it in "D" [dormant] mode when i wasn't transferring data, then as soon as i wanted to, it would just disappear and a minute later come back to let me use it, unless i waited to long and it went back into "D" mode then this disappearing act repeated. So I flashed my phone back to DL09 since everything was fine on 2.1, but its still doing it, which leads me to believe that damn OTA Froyo did something internally to my phone that can't be reversed...like i said Verizon techs had no idea what was going on. I'm not in warranty or anything so i'm going to just get a new one from someone and sell this one. Gonna get one still on 2.1 and just never update it cuz I dont want this issue happening again

I've been on eb01,and now ec01, i've had no problem at all. 3G is always there.gonna odin the ed01 in a few weeks after I read more on it. It goes back and forth from people likeing it then hateing it, so I think I will give it a while.

EC01
blue steel theme
OTB RELOADED 1.3oc

smilepak

Reaction score
Apparently ED01 hose some Fascinate phone. I revert back to stock DL09 and problem still exist. Took it out to VZW and they said it affects certain phone. So they will send me a replacement.

OP
qwiktune

qwiktune

Reaction score
Apparently ED01 hose some Fascinate phone. I revert back to stock DL09 and problem still exist. Took it out to VZW and they said it affects certain phone. So they will send me a replacement.

Yeah, unfortunately for me i bought this phone from a friend so I could not get a replacement. I'm going to go ahead and get a new one and just not update it, then sell this old one

smilepak

Reaction score
3G Random Disconnect Issue

Apparently as several people have confirmed the issue is related to with a combination of upgrading to ED01 and corruption of lock code data stream. You can either call for 2nd Tier Support and have them re-activate your phone / push new data stream or you can go on VZW and re-activate your phone. To re-activate your phone method via VZW, you need to have a spare phone to activate to and wait 5 minutes and activate back to the fascinate.

I just tried the 2nd method and that apparently did in fact stablized my 3G so far. At least so far. Before my 3G would random disconnect every 3-5 minutes. Now, it been active for a straight 10 minutes so far. Let's hope that fixed it.

OP
qwiktune

qwiktune

Reaction score

Apparently as several people have confirmed the issue is related to with a combination of upgrading to ED01 and corruption of lock code data stream. You can either call for 2nd Tier Support and have them re-activate your phone / push new data stream or you can go on VZW and re-activate your phone. To re-activate your phone method via VZW, you need to have a spare phone to activate to and wait 5 minutes and activate back to the fascinate.

I just tried the 2nd method and that apparently did in fact stablized my 3G so far. At least so far. Before my 3G would random disconnect every 3-5 minutes. Now, it been active for a straight 10 minutes so far. Let's hope that fixed it.

Interesting, I just went online and activated an old phone of mine [even one without data plan cuz this is my only smart phone] and activated it, tested it to be sure it was active. After waiting a good 5-10 minutes I got my facinate back out and reactivate it through the website. Did the *228 to complete activation and confirmed phone was indeed activated. I've been running it right now myself for about 10 minutes as well and can confirm that the 3G has not dropped [yet at least]. I'll report my progress tomorrow as I'm sure i'll know within 24 hours if this is indeed a definite fix, but thank god for you SmilePak, i was just about to drop another $200 on getting a new one and selling this one. You are a life saver!! This might be the only post on the internet with this fix and I know cuz I spent like an entire day trying to find out how to fix it, THANKS AGAIN!

smilepak

Reaction score

Interesting, I just went online and activated an old phone of mine [even one without data plan cuz this is my only smart phone] and activated it, tested it to be sure it was active. After waiting a good 5-10 minutes I got my facinate back out and reactivate it through the website. Did the *228 to complete activation and confirmed phone was indeed activated. I've been running it right now myself for about 10 minutes as well and can confirm that the 3G has not dropped [yet at least]. I'll report my progress tomorrow as I'm sure i'll know within 24 hours if this is indeed a definite fix, but thank god for you SmilePak, i was just about to drop another $200 on getting a new one and selling this one. You are a life saver!! This might be the only post on the internet with this fix and I know cuz I spent like an entire day trying to find out how to fix it, THANKS AGAIN!

Thanks...

Did a more detail write up Samsung Fascinate Random 3G Disconnect | Mobile Technology Deals and Help

OP
qwiktune

qwiktune

Reaction score
Well I just go through the work day without any 3G drops and my battery seems to be effected by the constantly on 3G...never thought i'd be so happy to see my battery life suffering hahaha. I can't thank you enough! lol. Maybe I will do the Froyo update again since i know how to fix the issue [this was the only issue i had with my update] so hopefully it goes as smooth 2nd time around. I use my phone a lot for an Mp3 player so im not sure if i'm ready to give up the nice soft alert noise while listen to music for the FULL VOLUME Froyo one. And i am gonna miss being able to adjust the volume for typing on Skype [cuz it does seem to adjust with the system volume like 2.1] but we do gain being able to adjust the haptic feedback which i liked. I also like not having to use a NO SCREEN TIMEOUT app to keep my screen on when charging...decisions decisions! lol

jboucheb

Reaction score
You do understand that the 3G arrows only light up when sending/recieving data, correct?

EX: They're gray while I type this, but will light up when I submit, then go gray until the next data send/recieve.

It's the same with any data app - they only light up when communicating/refreshing/uploading/downloading/etc.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

Yes, but your 3G icon in the status bar doesnt just disappear [cutting off ur 3G] when you try to submit the post, then you have to wait 60 seconds for it to reappear and then you can post it, right? Cause the issue im having isnt the fact the 3G goes dormant [turns gray and shows me the D] its that after it does and i go to access an app or browser [something that would use the 3G] it will completely disappear from the status bar, ill count to 60, then it will reappear and i can continue to load website...etc, then if I dont do anything [say im reading the website] and go to click on a link to load another site, there goes the icon...and the process repeats...that can't be right

Im in the same boat as you. my 3G is not consistent. I wonder what the fix will be. I have to keep reading the posts and see how others solved it.

UPDATE: So far, activating an old phone via www.vzw.com and reactivating my fascinate seems to have WORKED! It was so funny though looking at my Original Motorola Droid (1). Damn that thing was heavy and clunky! lol. Keep your fingers crossed the 3G stays for a while now.