i have had the dinc, 3500mah battery, and seidio extended battery case for about a month or two. i have never had a problem with the phones charging or heat; ive been using the htc wall charger that came with the phone from verizon. Last night I plugged it in to charge and put it under the corner of my pillow like i do every night, but when my neighbors drilling with a jack hammer woke me up at 7am and I went to check my phone, I PRACTICALLY GOT 3RD DEGREE BURNS! it was hotter than a baking pan just out of the oven without mitts on. Last night when I checked on it charging, last I saw was that it had charged up to 40%. This morning it had not only stopped charging but was down to about 15% battery. i let it cool for about 20 mins and just plugged it in and so far its charging normally. Anyone have any guesses (educated or wild) as to what the hell happened last night?