[ROM] 3/11 - CleanROM ICSE 3.7 ★| ICS 4.0.3 | Sense 3.6| More Tweaks! | True Art ! |★

Ryblueyez

Reaction score

Ryblueyez

Reaction score
When I try to start wifi tethering, it asks me if my phone is rooted.. Then after a few seconds, it pops up and says "what the hell" "your phone is at an unknown state" I have no idea what's going on?

dsnotgood

Reaction score
i had issues tethering too. i fixed it by using foxfi and using the bluetooth to tether my touchpad. works great. try foxfi but be aware.the wifi tether wont work. everything i tried it either didnt work or gave me a message i had to pay. but the bluetooth works really well...o issues at all. i used the help thing in foxfi to cofigure bluetooth..took 1 minute to figure out

Ryblueyez

Reaction score
i had issues tethering too. i fixed it by using foxfi and using the bluetooth to tether my touchpad. works great. try foxfi but be aware.the wifi tether wont work. everything i tried it either didnt work or gave me a message i had to pay. but the bluetooth works really well...o issues at all. i used the help thing in foxfi to cofigure bluetooth..took 1 minute to figure out[/QUOTE
I've used foxfi some and it's alright, won't run some of the bigger apps though. My thing is that something has to be wrong because there are people with the same exact phone, same exact ROM, same exact tethering program, and same exact settings and they are able to tether.... Has to be a problem somewhere???

pbickel

Reaction score
I was wondering how to switch to 3G only and still have my icon. I do not live in a 4G area so it drains battery. I know by going into the tweaks you can switch to CDMA only and my data still works but no 3G in status bar which annoys me because I won't know when I lose it. Can anyone help?

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I was wondering how to switch to 3G only and still have my icon. I do not live in a 4G area so it drains battery. I know by going into the tweaks you can switch to CDMA only and my data still works but no 3G in status bar which annoys me because I won't know when I lose it. Can anyone help?

Try using LTE switch(from the market) instead.

jrp

Reaction score
i flashed this morning coming from the ICS leak earlier in the month. I wiped data and cache and i am getting reboots 2 or 3 seconds after the rom loads up.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Did you flash the leak twice? If so, have you flashed the proper kernel? Depending on your version/type of recovery it may not flash automatically.

jrp

Reaction score
Did you flash the leak twice? If so, have you flashed the proper kernel? Depending on your version/type of recovery it may not flash automatically.

I'm on the 4.03 ICS 3.14.605 w/ kernal 3.0 16-gd0049F1 htc-kernal@ 18000 build #144. Also using CWM recovery. I flashed the Clean Rom once, did not change kernals.

Costalife

Reaction score
Ok so I'm ready here. I have cwm installed rooted running android 2.3.4
version 2.01.605.11. So all I have to do is boot into recovery wipe clean and flash right?

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm on the 4.03 ICS 3.14.605 w/ kernal 3.0 16-gd0049F1 htc-kernal@ 18000 build #144. Also using CWM recovery. I flashed the Clean Rom once, did not change kernals.

You should always flash the ROM kernel. CWM will not automatically flash the kernel

Ok so I'm ready here. I have cwm installed rooted running android 2.3.4
version 2.01.605.11. So all I have to do is boot into recovery wipe clean and flash right?

With CWM, you have to manually flash the kernel after the ROM. If you use AmonRa, Scott has a script that will auto install the kernel.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Mr smith, do you have to update your firmware first before flashing this rom and kernel?

You should unless you want to use the old firmware patch. Scott has all of his ROMs(except the GB ones) based on the latest firmware leak.