[ROM] [ROM] [MikRoms] Ineffabilis v1.0 [12/31/11] Sense 3.5 | Beats | Tweaks | 1.02.605.6

Discussion in 'HTC Rezound ROMS' started by Newtoroot, Dec 31, 2011.

1. S7rawman

S7rawman New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Custom recovery is a means of backing up if old Rom at its current state so that includes all ur apps etc etc. Then you use it to flash your New Rom.

Someone correct me if I am wrong. But u renamed things wrong. Ph......zip is actually ur recovery file. U flash that through fastboot and then u open recovery and flash ineffabills Rom. I didn't rename anything when I flashed bamfs Rom and had no problems.

Post a link to where you got your instructions.

Lastly. Read read read. Understand read again. Then start flashing this is no light undertaking it can be. The difference between hundreds of dollars.

#25 S7rawman, Jan 3, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2012
  2. gregf

gregf New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Why is it necessary for the installer to wipe the internal SD memory? Titanium backup, as well as lots of other apps, like to save rom-independent data there. Would it be possible to modify this functionality in the future?

Thanks.

BTW, great rom! :)

3. S7rawman

S7rawman New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It can be done without it. The flash will then just overwrite the files instead. It makes things far mreo hassle free to empty the internal memory. Think of it this way. The dev writes his rom and doesn't want to use the beats audio instead designs their own sound ehancment software with far more options. You don't wipe ur internal memory and so beats audio is still there. And its not even overwritten. This could bring up a whole slew of problems, from same variables, functions calls reaching for a function that has the same name as a function in beats audio etc etc. And then crash goes the sound enhancment and anything tied to it.

Edit: I didn't mean to offend. I should have worded that last bit differently I now realize.

#27 S7rawman, Jan 3, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
  4. gregf

gregf New Member

Ratings:
    +0

K, let's try this again. I was talking specifically about the internal SD memory (/sdcard). I understand that wiping system is required, and wiping data, cache, .android_secure, etc. is recommended. No questions there.

However, the internal SD memory is functionally identical to the external SD card. You don't ever want something to automatically wipe your external SD memory. That's where you keep your backups, movies, and music! Likewise, it should not wipe the internal SD memory because there might be important data there. That's where my titanium backups were. I needed those.

Your moral of the story is silly and unhelpful. Why would you dismiss a valid question with "do as you are told. they know better than you do."? Frankly it is offensive. Maybe not everyone on this forum is completely clueless.

Anyway, I assume that the script repartitions the entire internal flash memory and in doing so takes out /sdcard as well. That would be understandable but undesirable. Hopefully the next version will only format /system and leave everything else alone. Otherwise a minor update to v1.01 means losing everything again and having to start over. The user should really have the option to clear the other stuff. And again /sdcard should be left alone in any case. Devs?

5. MattHenson20

MattHenson20 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So wait, installing this clears my internal sd?

Sent from my Rezound OC'ed and UV'ed runnin BAMF

6. pickaxe300

pickaxe300 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, it WILL clear your internal card, so make sure you have it backed up before flashing.... Just copy all the contents to your computer for safe keeping.
    I learned this the hard way....

7. MattHenson20

MattHenson20 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Wil do, thank God for forums, I was about 2 hours from flashing this bad boy, whew

8. gregf

gregf New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, I learned the hard way as well. I don't think I lost anything critical that I can't recover though. It would have been nice if the OP explained more clearly that this would format /sdcard as well.

So I must know.. what tool did you use to undervolt? Everything I have seen so far detects the voltage incorrectly by an order of magnitude. So a 25 mV adjustment is actually a 25 uV adjustment (1000x smaller). And AnTuTu insists that you adjust by small increments rather than type in a number. Thanks.

9. MattHenson20

MattHenson20 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I use Antutu, Underclocked to 1.2 GHz, everything undervolted by 50

10. Bigbootyman

Bigbootyman Member

Ratings:
    +1

There really isn't anything to worry about flashing any roms, as long as you move the important items to your EXTERNAL SD CARD before you flash. Every time you wipe data/cache, it will clear your internal memory. It's a part of flashing. You need to be aware of this and transfer your items before wiping.

You can change settings in TB, to select your ext card before you do a backup, instead of the defaulted internal one. Things like pictures and music downloads are also sent to internal memory, but you can change those in their perspective settings as well or transfer those files as well. I realized this before I flashed and didn't have an issue, since wiping data/cache, doesn't wipe your external card. After you flash a rom, you'll need to go back and change your settings again, to backup/download to external SD card to avoid this from happening again. Thanks to whomever made the 32GB SD Card!!!
    Better luck next time.

11. Newtoroot

Newtoroot Developer
    Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    How's the Rom running guys?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

12. macpro88

macpro88 Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +83
    Running great so far. Been running since release day. Battery life doesn't seem as good as the stock ROM but its not too bad, not a bid issue for me.

Smooth and fast and only had it lock up on me once (fixed with a restart). All in all this ROM is pretty solid and I'm enjoying for it sure.

The one major issue I did have and still not sure if its ROM related or not... my phone died on me late last night, got home, put it on the charger, and this morning the phone would not turn on. Like it didn't charge at all. Luckily I had my spare battery fully charged. I wasn't using the stock charger (don't have one...) so I'll try a different charger later on.

Search tags for this page
a42798a6d236bcfd8a58d163e97e2d84
can you hide apps on htc one x
droid incredible hd-v1.0
incredible 2 rotating soft keys

ineffabilis rom

mik mik rezound
skins for htc sense 3.5 roms