29.99 Unlimited 4g data

twizatch

Reaction score
I didn't know there were so many Verizon Marketing Executives that posted here!

You all know very little about this (but apparently love to speculate)... Verizon worker bees at the stores know even less...

Facts that are out there right now:
1. Verizon plans on making some kind of change.
2. Verizon is unsure when it is going to happen. Possibly based on the iPhone 5 release date.
3. There is a strong rumor that the changes will affect new customers ONLY.

Verizon Delays New Tiered Pricing Plan Until Summer - DailyFinance

Suuperflie

Reaction score
I've been a Verizon customer for years. I have the Vcast Vpack, which they did away with 1-2 years ago, but I'm grandfathered in. My wife's new every 2 came up a few months ago and she did not lose the vpack deal when she upgraded. In my experience, Verizon's grandfather clause applies until you personally change it to something else.

xier

Reaction score
Er... yeah..... so what? Forums are about speculating - that is the point. I don't think Iphone 5 has anything to do with it btw (more speculation).

You all know very little about this (but apparently love to speculate)... Verizon worker bees at the stores know even less...

2. Verizon is unsure when it is going to happen. Possibly based on the iPhone 5 release date.

wooddale

Reaction score
Er... yeah..... so what? Forums are about speculating - that is the point. I don't think Iphone 5 has anything to do with it btw (more speculation).

I guess that kinda sums it.up in a nut shell but that's what I speculated anyway lol

Suuperflie

Reaction score
So, when we're talking summer release, we're talking not before June? So I'd be safe to wait for the rumored Bionic May release? Or, should I just go ahead and get the TB now?

Droid101

Reaction score
So, when we're talking summer release, we're talking not before June? So I'd be safe to wait for the rumored Bionic May release? Or, should I just go ahead and get the TB now?

The bionic release has been confirmed at Q2. The most consistent rumor is April 21st.

We are currently in the second quarter and it will end in June. I would say and end of April-Beginning of may release is the more plausible.

Suuperflie

Reaction score
Gotcha, but my real question is, do you think I'm safe to wait or will VZW tier their data plans before then??

wooddale

Reaction score
If you havent got a 29.99 plan now then its a crap shoot if you do I believe you would be grandfathered in because you are an existing customer. just my 2 cents worth. One thing the plan is going down for sure sooner or later

Droid101

Reaction score
Gotcha, but my real question is, do you think I'm safe to wait or will VZW tier their data plans before then??

Honestly I really cant tell you if it is safe or not. It is known verizon will be eliminating unlimited data. The only question is when, there have only been rumors and none have really given a definite date. So all I can say is that it is anyone guess.

Droid101

Reaction score
If you havent got a 29.99 plan now then its a crap shoot if you do I believe you would be grandfathered in because you are an existing customer. just my 2 cents worth. One thing the plan is going down for sure sooner or later

The 3G unlimited data plan cant be grandfathered in.

Suuperflie

Reaction score
Also, another thing I haven't been able to find info on is whether the Bionic will have simultaneous voice and data. Anyone know that answer?

xier

Reaction score

You have overcharged for your two cents.

Three gee unlimited means nothing.

xier

Reaction score
So, when we're talking summer release, we're talking not before June? So I'd be safe to wait for the rumored Bionic May release? Or, should I just go ahead and get the TB now?[/QUOT

You must answer one question first. Do you need lte today? If the answer is no and you are ok waiting until this summer then wait. The TB is a fine phone but not enough different than other 4.3 phones to warrent an upgrade IMO. I in fact needed lte now and find the TB is the best lte phone on the market;)

illmatic636

Reaction score
I've been a Verizon customer for years. I have the Vcast Vpack, which they did away with 1-2 years ago, but I'm grandfathered in. My wife's new every 2 came up a few months ago and she did not lose the vpack deal when she upgraded. In my experience, Verizon's grandfather clause applies until you personally change it to something else.

the problem is, you can not run smartphone devices on Vcast. Only non-3g devices I believe.