29.99 Unlimited 4g data

Suuperflie

Reaction score
1) grandfathered in. some make it appear as if you get the 4g unlimited 29.99 locked in than you are grandfathered. this is true as long as you keep that phone. if you upgrade phones that grandfathered in is probably gone.

2) better do it now and lock it in. this is just of no sense at all. unless you believe when you wake up in the morning you read verizon is now tierd if you didnt buy your out of luck.

I do not think that verizon will change their plan without a warning. it may be short as this 1 year going away what is that like a 2 week warning. so i would keep a good eye on things. and save your cash so you can buy it at a jump if needed. but at this point for those of us waiting for better phones i see no reason to jump on the thunderbolt to get grandfathered in until the tiers are actually announced. and this grandfatherd in will most likely only last as long as you keep the phone you are on at that time when you go to upgrade dont expect that plan to continue to be available.

The only way you lose your grandfathered status is if you buy a phone that isn't 4g anymore and requires just a normal 3g package. With them doing away with the NE2 though, I don't see a reason to not go month to month after this last 2 yr contract is up. That is, unless they're planning on some new perk to replace NE2. As long as you're month to month, you won't have to change your package as long as you have a 4g phone.

I think you are one of the many people who took them taking away the NE2 as something huge when it isn't.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but the New Every 2 was just another $100 credit toward the main phone on the line ON TOP OF the discounted pricing of renewing your contract, example, you buy the Thunderbolt for the 2 year price of $199.99 and with NE2, it would be $99.99, but since NE 2 is gone, its still just $199.99. I believe thats how it works, right? It seems as most people see it as having to buy the phone at full retail of $599.99 or whatever it is...I'm probably completely wrong though.

There is no extra $100 off for the main line. I am the main line on my family plan with government pricing. My upgrade was up last months and the price for the TB for me right now is $189. I have never got an extra $100 off for my NE2.

On a side note, can you still upgrade to the 4g data plan even if you don't have a 4g phone or even a smartphone yet?

randroid123

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with 2 verizon tech reps (originally trying to scheme on an early upgrade hehe) Anyways I got them on the subject of being grandfathered in to unlimited 4g and from the 2 reps I got a definitive 100% yes, if you are on unlimited 3g for 29.99, you will be on unlimited 4g for the same price, no change in contract, regardless of this current 29.99 unlimited 4g deal being around... I got 2 reps to sound very positive but still I'm worried they are wrong and I'll be screwed :( We will see I guess since the scheme for a new Tbolt definitely didn't work out... I wish i were more convincing :(

wooddale

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with 2 verizon tech reps (originally trying to scheme on an early upgrade hehe) Anyways I got them on the subject of being grandfathered in to unlimited 4g and from the 2 reps I got a definitive 100% yes, if you are on unlimited 3g for 29.99, you will be on unlimited 4g for the same price, no change in contract, regardless of this current 29.99 unlimited 4g deal being around... I got 2 reps to sound very positive but still I'm worried they are wrong and I'll be screwed :( We will see I guess since the scheme for a new Tbolt definitely didn't work out... I wish i were more convincing :(
You know with all this crap going around about this 29.99 grandfather deal I dont thinf youll get a straight answer from Verizon Why should they its to there advantage they figure they can get people to by the TB just to be safe. I did see an article that someone posted they are definetly going to do it but not till summer if then 4G is not all over yet I think they will wait till 4G gets more out there (Only my 2 cents)

illmatic636

Reaction score
You know the old saying that knowing to much can sometimes be counterproductive?
In cases with CSR reps, it is very true. Some care less than that to even want to know a fraction of what rumors are floating around, what phones are coming out, what plans are going to be changing. When they know, it's old news. I don't think anyone has yet to be enlightened about anything when it comes to CSR info unless they are explaining why they charge all those taxes in our monthly bill. Even then, they are not helpful.

randroid123

Reaction score
I agree... I'm always skeptical of the reps' answers... Thats why I plan to call back at least 2 more times this morning to verify :) you guys can feel free to join me :) Dial *611 from your vzw phone for customer service ;-)

You know with all this crap going around about this 29.99 grandfather deal I dont thinf youll get a straight answer from Verizon Why should they its to there advantage they figure they can get people to by the TB just to be safe. I did see an article that someone posted they are definetly going to do it but not till summer if then 4G is not all over yet I think they will wait till 4G gets more out there (Only my 2 cents)

xier

Reaction score
Yes - Any two going away just means that folks will not get the "CREDIT" - up to 50,100 -- even 200 in some cases.

1) grandfathered in. some make it appear as if you get the 4g unlimited 29.99 locked in than you are grandfathered. this is true as long as you keep that phone. if you upgrade phones that grandfathered in is probably gone.

2) better do it now and lock it in. this is just of no sense at all. unless you believe when you wake up in the morning you read verizon is now tierd if you didnt buy your out of luck.

I do not think that verizon will change their plan without a warning. it may be short as this 1 year going away what is that like a 2 week warning. so i would keep a good eye on things. and save your cash so you can buy it at a jump if needed. but at this point for those of us waiting for better phones i see no reason to jump on the thunderbolt to get grandfathered in until the tiers are actually announced. and this grandfatherd in will most likely only last as long as you keep the phone you are on at that time when you go to upgrade dont expect that plan to continue to be available.

The only way you lose your grandfathered status is if you buy a phone that isn't 4g anymore and requires just a normal 3g package. With them doing away with the NE2 though, I don't see a reason to not go month to month after this last 2 yr contract is up. That is, unless they're planning on some new perk to replace NE2. As long as you're month to month, you won't have to change your package as long as you have a 4g phone.

I think you are one of the many people who took them taking away the NE2 as something huge when it isn't.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but the New Every 2 was just another $100 credit toward the main phone on the line ON TOP OF the discounted pricing of renewing your contract, example, you buy the Thunderbolt for the 2 year price of $199.99 and with NE2, it would be $99.99, but since NE 2 is gone, its still just $199.99. I believe thats how it works, right? It seems as most people see it as having to buy the phone at full retail of $599.99 or whatever it is...I'm probably completely wrong though.

Suuperflie

Reaction score
Which means we'll basically be paying full price, right? If that's the case, it's a huge deal for me. I have a problem overpaying for things that will be obsolete a few months later. They put a cutting edge price on the phones to begin with when they're not so cutting edge by the time they're released.

wooddale

Reaction score
This may not be the wright place to post this but Ill start here If you purchase a new Thunderbolt as I did Im in a 4G so I did data plan is fine I still have a DX which is now kind of useless about 4 dasys ago I wanted to switch back to my DX just because switched back fine but then couldnt get back to TB again they gave me some story about how it retired my sim card just got new one in mail today works fine only one problem if I want toi switch back toi my DX it will do the same thing something with the way there computer retires the card if you go from4G to 3G So if you got an old 3G phone might as well do a wipe with it because its useless unless you sell it. This is not a story it happened to me I spent hours on the phone and thats what it is

OP
Crankintopwater69

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
-This is a reply 2 Suuperflie- This is the very reason y im stayin rite where i am.When the bionic drops,whos 2 say its gonna have 2.3 and if not -how long will it b until it gets it?.i mean this phone was ntroduced n jan-its mid april-not a video-NOTHIN!!!!!Y and how did the atrix drop and the dionic is like the atrix?i wanted the bionic,but now ive lost nterest.

illmatic636

Reaction score
-This is a reply 2 Suuperflie- This is the very reason y im stayin rite where i am.When the bionic drops,whos 2 say its gonna have 2.3 and if not -how long will it b until it gets it?.i mean this phone was ntroduced n jan-its mid april-not a video-NOTHIN!!!!!Y and how did the atrix drop and the dionic is like the atrix?i wanted the bionic,but now ive lost nterest.

OMG, your writing sounds like the Shrimp fisherman the Bp Gulf Coast commercial telling his story how Bp and wrote him a check for the business he lost cause of the oil spill!

All jokes aside tho, yeah it has been very quiet about Bionic, however, it may have to do with Verizion and HTC's market capture clause. Maybe it's kept quiet due to HTC.

Shane RC51

Reaction score
You guys make things so difficult to read. Why is it so difficult to proof read and spell check? r u dat dum u cant spel write? 4 realz. u is makin ma eyez hert.

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
this isnt an english class

You guys make things so difficult to read. Why is it so difficult to proof read and spell check? r u dat dum u cant spel write? 4 realz. u is makin ma eyez hert.

i now i am guilty of things that dont make sense at times because we post quickly and dont proof read at times. but ussually able to figure out what people say.

John Gi

Reaction score
hi i have the D2, do you guys think we all get unlimited 4G if i go buy a 4G phone off contract?
or do i have to lock in the 4G pricing with a contract right now?

Maverick0984

Reaction score
This may not be the wright place to post this but Ill start here If you purchase a new Thunderbolt as I did Im in a 4G so I did data plan is fine I still have a DX which is now kind of useless about 4 dasys ago I wanted to switch back to my DX just because switched back fine but then couldnt get back to TB again they gave me some story about how it retired my sim card just got new one in mail today works fine only one problem if I want toi switch back toi my DX it will do the same thing something with the way there computer retires the card if you go from4G to 3G So if you got an old 3G phone might as well do a wipe with it because its useless unless you sell it. This is not a story it happened to me I spent hours on the phone and thats what it is

Not to be a grammar nazi, but this is the longest run-on sentence I have ever seen, :eek:.

Reaction score
hi i have the D2, do you guys think we all get unlimited 4G if i go buy a 4G phone off contract?
or do i have to lock in the 4G pricing with a contract right now?

You have to lock in a new contract if you want to upgrade your service. You cant just activate a 4g phone and receive a 4g data plan without taking the plunge.