Yet another "upgrade or lose it" phone call

kplain

Reaction score
I've seen similar posts like this that mention concerns about losing unlimited data when going from 3G to 4G. I understand there is nothing different there and I'm grandfathered This is a new one to me. I just got off the phone with Verizon (they initiated the call). Her pitch is that she can keep me in my unlimited data plan if I will switch from the *non-smartphone* unlimited data plan to a *smartphone* unlimited data plan by buying a new smartphone before the 7th. Sounds fishy to me in that I'm waiting until after the 8th to get the Bionic.

Anyone hear of a *non-smartphone* unlimited data plan?

Oxymoron

Reaction score
Yes, feature phones have a different data plan than smartphones... even though they are both unlimited.

*customized tapatalk signature*

JRParsons

Reaction score
If they called you it is most likely a 3rd party vendor. They usually say that they are calling "on behalf of" Verizon. I told them once that I would call them back after I checked out the phone at the Verizon store, or just buy it in store. She had every reason in the world why I should buy it from her, now. I started to doubt she worked for VW and asked her if she did. She then said she had been "authorized" by Verizon to offer me, etc.
My general rule is that if someone calls to sell you something, they will tell you whatever you want to hear, as long as they make the sale.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
K

kplain

Reaction score
I really hate upgrading today just to go back next week to exchange for Bionic.

Sent DroidForums

wseyller

Reaction score
If you have a feature phone then it doesn't count. Different type of data plan. But I would consider it lucky that you even got an offer for this considering if it is a real deal. It would be inconvienant but what you could do is go ahead an upgrade on the 7th. Buy the bionic for retail on the 8th. Sell your upgrade for around retail price. You might lose a little but it would be worth it in my opinion to get unlimited data.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk