29.99 Unlimited 4g data

DroidFan291

Reaction score
A rep at a Verizon store told me that my current 3G plan would be grandfathered in if I get a 4G phone after tiered goes in. I didn't think it was correct so I called VWZ and spoke with a supervisor.

They explained that the store rep was wrong. If you get on an unlimited 4G plan now, it would be grandfathered in. The 3G plan would be grandfathered in as long as you stay with a 3G phone. The 3g unlimited plan and the 4g plans cost the same but are different plans. You will be forced to change plans and will only be able to use what is available at the time.

xier

Reaction score
A rep at a Verizon store told me that my current 3G plan would be grandfathered in if I get a 4G phone after tiered goes in. I didn't think it was correct so I called VWZ and spoke with a supervisor.

They explained that the store rep was wrong. If you get on an unlimited 4G plan now, it would be grandfathered in. The 3G plan would be grandfathered in as long as you stay with a 3G phone. The 3g unlimited plan and the 4g plans cost the same but are different plans. You will be forced to change plans and will only be able to use what is available at the time.

Yep.

Honestly I would be willing to pay more for the lte. Plan but unlimited is the key. It has been said that unlimited of any kind will be going away ala. At and t. Even five gig on Lte is not nearly enough now that we have 14 plus Downs.

N4UPD

Reaction score
If I go to the 4g plan will I be able to keep the promotional plan I was on that was the talk text plus data which gives me unlimited data on all my phones on the 1400 min fam plan? Or will that go away?

Xak02

Reaction score
Correct. They may not even tell you but when they provision your lte sim equipped phone you will now be on a lte compatible plan.

So even though they don't offer 4G in my area of the midwest, I would still have to subscribe to a 4G data plan?

Sad face.
So the best option right now then, for people that want to keep the unlimited plans, is to go grab a TB and sell it when the Bionic gets here, correct?

trailblazen

Reaction score
Correct. They may not even tell you but when they provision your lte sim equipped phone you will now be on a lte compatible plan.

So even though they don't offer 4G in my area of the midwest, I would still have to subscribe to a 4G data plan?

Sad face.
So the best option right now then, for people that want to keep the unlimited plans, is to go grab a TB and sell it when the Bionic gets here, correct?
Unless by a miracle the Bionic actually releases next month. In that case no worries.

the3dolla

Reaction score
If I go to the 4g plan will I be able to keep the promotional plan I was on that was the talk text plus data which gives me unlimited data on all my phones on the 1400 min fam plan? Or will that go away?

That is my wonder as well, I have 5 lines, so losing the discount is not an option!

allan1313

Reaction score
I have that plan to and posed That question in the plan thread. Someone with the TB said they have that plan and they are still getting the discount.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

droidDOES.duh

Reaction score
As long as its not a primary line you should be able to keep the plan the same and it will just add the 29.99 to the bill for that line with the smart phone.

wooddale

Reaction score
I have that plan to and posed That question in the plan thread. Someone with the TB said they have that plan and they are still getting the discount.

Im in the same boat I called and asked they said it would still be good but you know nhow that goes they dont always know

chakfu

Reaction score
Does anyone have any idea if the grandfathering would last only 2 years, or indefinitely until the plan is changed (no 29.99 unlimited 5g!)

If it's the former, I would wait until my December upgrade and live with the tiered pricing. If it's the latter, I might pay retail for the bionic to grandfather in (or perhaps add a 3rd line to my family plan and give it to my mother or father - the difference in price between retail and with a 2 year contract would be close to the total cost of the extra line and data over a 2 year contract - especially if I can downgrade one of the old phones to a cheaper tiered plan.)

dafischman

Reaction score
Do we expect any notice before the change? Or will they just come out one day and say "today everything is different!" I hope they release a statement a week before they change to the tiered. That way I can hop on a TB if need be. Also, hopefully, it'll be close enough to the Bionic that I can return the TB for the Bionic if I decide I don't like the TB. But we will see...

Josh

wooddale

Reaction score
Do we expect any notice before the change? Or will they just come out one day and say "today everything is different!" I hope they release a statement a week before they change to the tiered. That way I can hop on a TB if need be. Also, hopefully, it'll be close enough to the Bionic that I can return the TB for the Bionic if I decide I don't like the TB. But we will see...

Josh

Bought a TB today just to make sure Im grandfathered in I can always sell the TB when the Bionic comes out I dont trust Verizon I think they will pull a shot if they can added a line to my family plan so didnt have to pay full price but now Im covered data text 1400 all included

kparks

Reaction score

Josh

Bought a TB today just to make sure Im grandfathered in I can always sell the TB when the Bionic comes out I dont trust Verizon I think they will pull a shot if they can added a line to my family plan so didnt have to pay full price but now Im covered data text 1400 all included
AND COMPARED TO YOUR DX ITS HOW MUCH BETTER????? lol

wooddale

Reaction score

Josh

AND COMPARED TO YOUR DX ITS HOW MUCH BETTER????? lol
Dont know get it tommorow better be faster or its going back as fast as it came Im not into gamming Im an internet guy I send and recieve about 50 emails aday so if it works faster that way Ill be happy but I still want to root like playing around with roms dont know how many there will be for Thunderbolt but its been rooted already Ill probably end up selling it when the Bionic hits but at least I know Im covered no matter what Verizon does

Crazed_Z06

Reaction score

Josh

I did the same thing last week. I pulled the trigger on a TB so I could get grandfathered into unlimited 4G. Truth be told, I wanted to wait for the Droid Bionic, but I dont wanna miss out on unlimited 4G. I am coming from a Droid X also.